1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colleges

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blaz, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Jerr

Currently at National Park Community College....

local college for basics! Yay!

2. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

stanford is one of the top-rated schools for gay students according to the advocate guide, just so you know. I wish i had applied but it was kinda last minute and the application supplement is a bitch for stanford. still, its an amazing school and incredibly beautiful

i applied to cal and ucla though so i guess ill found out from there in march sometime, those are also very liberal-minded and highly academic schools so you really cant go wrong with any of those choices

3. kevinx519

haha. well ive heard from some of my friends that went to stanford that it really isnt that great. it would be a good place to do pre-med, though because of the stanford hospital. still, i think its too close to home for me, although so is cal. id rather go down south and experience a bit more independence. if by chance, i do get into stanford, my dad's company will pay full tuition. hes an employee at the university so i guess thats how it goes. :confused: so yeah, itd save my family a bunch of bucks if i went. wow that sentence was ironic.

4. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Goin' to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh

5. Grof142007

I am Currently attending ECPI College of Technology Greensboro Campus =) Major in Computer Electronic Engineering Techology (CEET) Woot woot ANd ill should be done by Feb 2009

6. InaRut

Brock University.
    :grin:

7. donnie5

metro community college lol but i am going into culinary <------ yay i love food but our school is supposed to have the best culinary major in the country so i am excited

8. Even though I have several choices, I don't know for sure where I'm going to yet. :shrug:

9. Nodnarb

I had thought I was definately going to Iowa State University, but I've kind of started doubting it. I live in a town of 5,000 people and ISU has 25,000 students and the city of Ames is around 45,000. I love Ames(I have this natural ability to get around it like I've lived there forever) and the ISU campus(absolutely beautiful, especially in the Fall), but that would be a HUGE adjustment for me. Being away from my family(albeit just three hours) and being around so many more people might be a bit to much for me....

If I decide that isn't a problem, I have also thought about the University of Iowa. Iowa City is the most liberal in the state, and one of the most liberal in the country. It has the second largest gay population in the state(behind Des Moines, the largest city in Iowa). BUT, I like Iowa State a lot because of the great architecture program. But, Ames is a more conservitive town(as much as a college town can be conservitive)....

I'd really like to stay in-state(or just across one of the borders)so I'm going to look at some of the smaller colleges(I wish Grinnel had an architecture program....), but I'm not in a huge hurry. I figure things will all sort out eventually.

10. Crazyfoo

Hopefully, just hopefully, I make it to UT @ Austin.

Miracles happen!:roflmao:

11. Alex89

Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Brisbane Australia.

12. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    I'm going to Vassar! I'm super excited, and it's supposed to have a HUGE gay population. I swear, the facebook group is like EC on facebook, so yay!