1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coffee....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

Why do people like it? I think it smells nice, but if i drink it i have to like add quite a bit of sugar into it.....just posting cause i was thinking about starbucks..lol

*sorry for misspelling coffee, my "e" key was stuck =] im not stupid ^_^

2. biisme

Re: Coffe....

i know exactly what u mean!!!!!

it always smells greeeeaaaat, and tastes lim crap!

i'd lik to kno too y people lik it

3. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Re: Coffe....

ditto... more of a tea man myself :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Me too, I drink loads of tea and hate coffee.

Time to put the kettle on I think...

5. biisme

maybe no one really likes coffee....it's all a lie!

6. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coffee is the nectar of the gods!

7. xequar

WRONG.

I love coffee! LOVE IT! Love!

I prefer a strong blend, and I drink it black, no cream, no sugar, no flavor squirts, no additional crap added. On a given day at work, I drink anywhere from one to five cups of coffee, and after my accident, I actually went and bought a spill-proof mug so that I could go to the coffee pot on crutches and take the coffee back to my desk without spilling.

Believe me or not, I'm not one of those people that drinks it for the caffeine, either. I can function perfectly well without caffeine, as I am doing right now. I personally enjoy the flavor and taste, and the pick-me-up boost from the caffeine is just an added bonus. I can't imagine going out for breakfast and not having coffee with my breakfast. It just seems so wrong.

I will say, though, that coffee is very much an acquired taste, and I didn't acquire it until about four years ago when a few of my coworkers decided it was their personal mission from God to get me hooked on coffee.

In fact... I think I'm gonna go brew up a pot of coffee!

8. Ty

Ty Guest

I have to have it with sugar, like i said before =p my friend stuart took me to starbucks and said that I would like it...but i never drank the whole cup :wink: i let him finish it - I have very sweet tastes.

9. Midget

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I had one cup of it two years ago for a science fair experiment. Black, watery, disgusting. Could never even stand smelling the stuff ever again. I have the feeling that, had my first cup been better, I would have loved the stuff.

Oh well.

10. InaRut

Well the only reason Coffee is so good in Canada is because our coffee (from Tim Hortens) doesn't taste gritty like it does at starbucks. Originally I hated coffee like some people in this forum...but then I drank my first ICE CAP, went on to French Vanilla flavoured cappuccino and from there to regular coffee. I think once you get use to the Caffiene taste...and find your mix (double double here) then Coffee is actually REALLY REALLY good. I just can't drink alot of it anymore cause it makes me "Tummy" sick...I drank WAY to much coffee during school...almost to the point I needed a coffee morning, lunch, afternoon.

But yah Coffee is DELICIOUS! I love it. I love it so much my first boyfriend I'm probobly going to meet in a Second Cup Coffee shop (my favourite "Brand name" Coffee shop--Tim Hortens doesn't count.)

11. xequar

Yeah, Starbucks is actually really BAD coffee. They way overroast their coffee, so it always tastes burnt and old. The best bet is to either go to some other place with good coffee (Tim Ho's in Canada, but not Tim Ho's in the U.S.) or find someone that's a coffee enthusiast and knows how to properly brew it.

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Oooh really? Starbucks is bad? :O But.... everytime i think coffee i think starbucks :S!

Why are they so famous then if its shit coffee =/

13. InaRut

Because they have variety and really good marketing :grin:. Everytime someone says Coffee I think Timmies. But that's because Tango Hotel (lol Army Talk for= Tim Hortens) is the only coffee place in my town...we have 5...well there's oagies but they aren't very good there.

We use to have a second cup :frowning2: Plus what's the point in having a coffee shop if there is no gay people?

14. xequar

They make really good fru-fru coffees, like the caramel macchiatos and things like that. But, their plain ol' black coffee is really bad.

15. Ty

Ty Guest

There are *thinks* 4 starbucks in oxford city centre.... and 2 coffee republics. I really wonder why we need that many o.0

And yeah lol, i bet 40% of men who go into starbucks are gay :wink:

16. InaRut

hahahaha and the other 60% are buisness robots :O
    Bent on slowly conquering the buisness world with there,
    "Oh nice tie, Sir."
    "Hey sir, my wife and I wanted to know if you would like to play Tennis?"
    "Sir! I just finished cleaning your car..."

haha!
    Now at Second Cup you get these fashionable "Straight guys" who are all over to the newspapers, books, and laptops...specially the ones round the university areas but even the ones outside of the university areas. Second Cup is like "The place to study."

17. xequar

I just finally looked at your location... Now I understand why all you have is Timmy Ho's... That's like Canada's national institution. The weird thing is, Timmy Ho's (My roommate used to work as a manager at one, so that's where I got that) has WAY better coffee in Canada than here in the States. I don't understand why this is, unless the Canadians secretly hate us (and why shouldn't they?).

18. Ty

Ty Guest

Well, oxford having our "Famous" universities, might be the reason why coffee house people decided to put atleast 15 different coffee houses in our poor city =p

I might have to go to starbucks more...... =]

Any recommendations for a coffee thats sort of... well sweet? since thats what my taste buds prefer the most =]

19. Nicknikko

you british guys.. hahaha
    jk
    well i personaly love coffee I do not drink it very often but i really like it...

and if we talk about Strarbucks... i lovee their frappucinos! uhhh

20. i love coffee omg i love coffee ..with out coffee i would never be able to get threw the day ..