1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closet almost open, just dont have the key yet...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alessio, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Alessio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys!

I am planning on coming out to my twin brother this Wednesday, because the weekend after i wont be home so he'll have some time to process it. I know he will be supportive, but im just very scared and i have no idea what to say!! I also dont know how i could bring it. I want it to be a 'real' conversation, so maybe going out for a walk is a thing? However, im not an outdoor person and i would rather do it at home, even though my other brother and sister will be home too. On the other hand, doing it at home doesnt make it feel special. More like i pull him aside like ''hey im gay now continue your video game''. Ugh its late and my mind is blowing up with all the thoughts about coming out. How does it feel like to come out? free? vulnerable?

Also, if ive 'handled' my brother, do you guys have any tips/experiences on how to come out to religious parents/homophobic older brothers??

I know im gay for a while now and i really really really want to come out because im done with acting straight. Also, there is this super cute guy in my school and i really really really want to ask him out!! please react thankss in advance!!!!

2. Naters2000

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey! To answer your question about coming out, it is very refreshing. You can expect some follow-up questions, but they are no big deal. And, I hope that it goes well. There really isn’t anything to be afraid of. I normally just tell the person while I’m on a walk with them or doing something where it’s just the two of us. You can approach the topic really any way, however a joke tends to make it more awkward.

I really wouldn’t come out to your parents until you are financially independent of them, and for your older brother, a text lightens the blow.

I hope that it works out for this boy and you!

Warm regards,
    Nate

3. Alessio

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know my parents will be supportive, but its just the step of really telling them that makes me so scared. See, I'm social and i want to have a face to face convo with them, but still it's not something i look out to even though my mum has started many times that she would love me for who i am. It's just that i need to find the right time and way to do it.

Thank you for you kind words and advice,
    Alessio