1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class is so GAY

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Jan 6, 2010.

1. RaeofLite

One of my professors has been touching on issues of equality and recently talked about that book about the two male Gay Penguins in the zoo raising a penguin chick. He mentioned how parents were worried that things like this in an elementary school library would "cause their children to be gay" and "spread the gay agenda" and later mentioned how that was a ridiculous idea because "not everyone is gay".

This caused some laughter in the class and me to smile in amusement (because obviously that's not true).

Hm, what do you EC members think about things like this? Do you ever get professors or fellow students/co-workers mentioning things like this?

2. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Anthropology professor exclaimed to the whole class, 130 people, that she was gay. It was sort of in context seeing as how we were talking about marriage, sexuality, and various cultural taboos based on those subjects. It was just weird because most professors I've known were very "closeted," so to speak, about their life whether or not they were gay.

3. Clockwork

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, back in sixth grade there was this kid, Kurtis, who said that "gay people aren't people and should burn in hell.". Of course, myself as well as a friend who has two moms heard this, so we told the teacher [because well, it's sixth grade and it's easier to get an adult-figure to do the right thing for you]. So she went on a preach about how she would rather be in line in heaven with the gay people then the people spreading hate. :slight_smile:

I thought it was rad.

4. RaeofLite

That's so positive. :icon_bigg

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My psych prof talked about how he's for gay adoption because there's no way that it will make the children gay. He also said he was pro-gay marriage too; he went on to say that if two people love each other, then they shouldn't be barred from getting married. He also is a conservative republican.

Even though this might sound like a good thing to say, this is the same prof who went to talk about how he could change someone's sexuality with rigid therapy in 1 year (which has been banned by the APA).

6. Emberstone

but I would also say that he is a intellectual conservative republican. Being a professor of pyschology helps also, because it is his job to explore human nature, and attraction is apart of a person's mental faculty.

The problem with alot of polictions is that they judge by what the lobbyist and agenda'd people in their represented areas tell them, and rarely actually bother to know anything about what they are supporting/fighting against.

So kudos to your psych professor for thinking before he decides a view.

7. Beachboi92

my mom was talking to my aunt (she is from west VA and was raised baptist) and my aunt was talking about how she was not sure about gay people getting married so i got my mom to throw her this curveball.
    "A gay guy and a lesbian who hate each others guts have more of a right to get married than a a gay couple who actually love each other"
    it worked :x

8. RaeofLite

:lol: :eusa_clap