1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

City Of Heroes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

I kind of miss this game tbh. I had a Blaster Electricity/Ice character called Magi Man and I got to level 37 before the game was shut down. Anyone else used to play this?

2. Ryujin

Weren't there rumors about a spiritual successor being blessed by the original team and porting alp the database and stuff?

3. ZenMusic

One is being made by Kickstarter, yes.

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

OOh I remember this game!!

It was the first game I wanted to buy, but I can't remember why I didn't.

I just played DC Universe Online recently, its pretty good!.

5. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Used to play it back in the days, had a few max-level alts with some purple sets on Union (at least they were max-level before they added Incarnate raids, I never really got into those...) My primary was Ray Roentgen (rad/rad defender)

There is some work done on the successor game, although last time I checked it was still in a very basic tech demo stages...

Always wanted to try an elec blaster (discount nuke!,) but somehow always ended up with Defenders or melee instead.

6. Anvarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  7. Ryujin

I wanna play City of Titans. Looks well better than DCUO which gets extremely monotonous after not too long.

8. White Knight

*Throws both hands into air*

Me!

I... we still miss that game and remember good old days with my gaming buddies. We met in CoH EU servers... first Union then Defiant. They were the first group of people who didn't give a dime that I am gay. I was so comfortable with them. For me it was what made that game even greater than it is.

There are 3 games which will try to fill the shoes of CoH. Titan is the most close to the original as they are using same material from CoH. Heroes and Villains and other one is trying their best. H&V has Goldengirl in the team, if you were hanging in CoH forums you'd probably know her.

My main on Union was Mind/Rad controller. On Defiant I had Mind/Kin troller, Nrg/Elec blaster and MA/Inv scrapper.

Marvel Heroes Online is an insult to all MMOs. DCUO nice but have that "you must have x score to join us or we won't even acknowledge your existence" attitude of new MMOs. Champions is okay for solo but you need to sub to enjoy that game to its fullest. Cryptic how could make that horrendous teaming mechanics for that game, I don't know. NWO kinda fixed it a bit but they didn't even apply what they learn to that game. It feels like devs left and forget about the game.

9. ZenMusic

Would like robes to be available in the new City Of Titans

10. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's great! Even if (as I understand it) what NCsoft is willing to sell so far is only the IP (with a right to sub-licence it to CoT or someone else for a full-fledged sequel) and the minimum software needed to keep the game running as it was but not develop it further, even in minor ways.

/*crosses fingers, searches for wood to knock on*/

11. White Knight

I better drop this link for City of Titans here, just in case anyone wants to follow/get updates about how the game's coming along.

12. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just thought of something...

Not to sound like a back-seat mod or anything, but while City of Heroes character names (me and some people mentioned) ought to be OK as far as no personal info rule goes (since the game had been defunct for years now, and there's no way to use them to actually contact anyone) but other kind of personal info may still be sensitive, and mentioning City names might still be somehow traceable (if you mentioned them on Titan or other fansites.) I'm sure mine isn't, but it's still something you may want to keep in mind.

13. White Knight

I think character names means (how many servers that game had?) very little when mentioning MMOs. However global handle from Cryptic games, CoH included might violate terms of use so better be careful not to spill them out.