1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MLCarr, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

btw if it's interesting...

Of about 80 in the church I go to, 3 are gay (low Anglican)

My BF goes to an Anglo-Catholic church, where there are about 20 and every single man but the priest (about 12) is gay!

University chapel - nearly all the male students are gay!

So you can be gay and go to church :grin:

(oh, and, anyone who says being gay is a sin according to the bible hasn't read it - the bible says using male prostitutes when you're married is a sin. I'd be surprised if any vicar worth his salt didn't know that).

2. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

Oh and MLCarr hope it went ok!

(sorry for the triple post)

3. Ty

Ty

As the Catholic church's Archbishop of Westminister, The Most Rev Vincent Nichols said on the BBC,

4. Emberstone

to answer the earlier posters question..

Waco wasnt the mormon church, it was the branch davidians, a end times cult created by a man with decades of documented mental health issues, who led himself to belive he was the reincarnation of jesus christ, here to bring about the rapture.

I know alot of aryan nation members look up to the branch davidians, saying they were fighting the goverment, but what they dont get *heck, since when did they have brains, there aryan nation members...* is that the branch davidians didnt belive the end times were coming, they gathered illegal weapons and spend months trying to instigate a war with the goverment because their cult leader said he was jesus and that they must fight the us goverment cause that will cause the end times, and only the branch davidians would be saved.

so they were fundementalist on steroids, booze, and sex with their underage children... sadly.

the raid on the fundementalist mormon church I think was the colorado city raid, or something like that. I think that was in the 60's if I remeber correctly. it was basically the same group that got raided a few years back for marrying off their 12 year old girls to 60-70 year old men.

5. Mr Bojangles

If only Pope Eggs Benidict the 16th agreed...

6. MLCarr

It was a combination of a forced family easter and me wanting to be there for my little brother as he finishes confirmation classes.

7. MLCarr

It was actually not a Mormon thing at all, it was Branch Dividian. They are a shoot off from the Mormon church but they are so different it would be like trying to lump together a Catholic and a Methodist and say they believe the same thing.

Waco is also well known for the two basketball players involved in a murder/suicide a couple of years ago. Go Baylor!

8. TripleM

TripleM Guest

You can be gay and still go to church. It is about finding the right church. I am an Episcopalian, and one of the bishops of the church is gay. Its a more open minded church, although the bishop did cause quite a controversy.

9. MLCarr

So church went...okay. First of all I don't really like this church, the music was horrible! I'm a musician and it's werid to walk into a church and be thinking 'that piano needs to be tuned and why the heck does the player keep missing notes!?' Second of all I decided not to take communion, I just made sure I went to the bathroom during it. I have been out of the church for so long that it just didn't feel right. I used to love church and the friends, not so much anymore.

On the bright side...by losing all trust in the physical church and it's members I have learned to think for myself. I've learned that God exists everywhere, not just where stuck up church pastors/priests say He does. I've also learned that I was made in His image and that no matter what I was not the mistake those same pastors/priests told me I was. Oh, I also am not diseased, abnormal, or psychotic for the record.

Personally I stick with the idea that if homosexuality is a disease I should be allowed to call in sick. ;-)

10. Ronnie92

Mine says the same thing, though I know some people don't believe it >_>

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Good for you! Church shouldn't feel that way. If it does, you are attending the wrong church.

12. xequar

I was always told as a kid that if I didn't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

(silence)

Sorry, but the idea of going back to a church after they kicked you out just doesn't seem...right... to me.

13. Riaan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree wholeheartedly. I definitely don't want to attend a church where I don't feel welcome. If churches denied all sinners (in their eyes) access, they all would be empty!

14. djt820

Good job at completly blowing up in someone's face and making yourself look like a jackass to me. No matter who or what the situations is, questions should always be welcomed, not looked down upon.
    Well, to the OP, I hope you find some happiness in your adventure to a new church.

15. twixy30

i hope it went well and that you enjoyed yourself