1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Colfer named to Time's "100 most influential people of 2011"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chip, May 8, 2011.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just read this, even though it happened 2 weeks ago.

I think it's amazing. Chris Colfer, for those of you who don't watch Glee, is the 20 year old actor who plays Kurt Hummel, the most visible gay character on the show. He's gone from a nobody 2 years ago to someone who is extremely outspoken on topics of bullying, gay rights, and other important issues, and he has maintained a level of humility and wisdom, and seems to be a very positive role model for gay kids everywhere.

He shares the top 100 with people like Oprah and Mark Zuckerburg so it's really an incredible honor for him, and I think it says a lot for the level of acceptance that gay people are reaching in mainstream culture.

Chris Colfer - The 2011 TIME 100 - TIME

2. Holmes

I'm really pleased to see this, he is a great role model, in how true to life the character of Kurt is, and how he's spoken about gay issues publicly outside the show. Both him and his character are an inspiration.

3. volleyren

How wonderful! I must say, I've found both he and his character to be wonderful role models. If I could handle situations and speak out with one-tenth the grace and ability of either, I'd be set.