1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chic-fil-a are not only ignorant bigots, they're also lying sacks of shit

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Rygirl

This will bite them in the backside. 'Thou shalt not bear false witness' .

2. Tim

Tim

I do too, and I'm from the US. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Except I put a "a" at the end of filler, xD

Like "Gangsta". xD

3. Jonathan

I think it's funny that they actually thought they would be able get away with trying to pass of a false story about the toys.

[​IMG]

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww you ruined my hope that they had misspelt something. Damn.

5. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Infinitely happy these Chickafiller people are nowhere near where I live. (/doesn't know how to pronounce it and doesn't really care)

I've never been a muppets fan (puppet phobia), but they just made my entire week.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, just saw this wonderful, thoughtful video about the chick-fil-a issue, posted by a straight woman ally of the gay community, who (was) also a major chick-fil-a chicken lover.

She does a great job of spelling out the hypocrisy. It's worth the 5 minutes... share it on your Facebook and other places if you're so inclined.

[youtube]JprRWKQys7A[/youtube]​

7. Emberblaze

Free ice cream? Shiit, their loss

8. J Snow

Have refused to give them my money for quite some time now. They just keep giving me reason after reason to feel good for not giving them my business.

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honest people know that if you have to resort to lies to "support" your position, you are wrong.

The reason we should be against this company is that they gave several million dollars to pro-discrimination groups. The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies some of those groups as hate groups. That's the reason some of us are pissed off, not just because Dan Cathy opposes marriage equality. Here's a related article Alvin McEwen: Mike Huckabee Is Not Necessarily a Good Ally for Chick-Fil-A

I am not at all surprised that they'd lie about the Jim Henson Organization terminating their agreement. It's just another example showing that they are not really Christian. True Christians support GLBT equality or at the very least would not flat out LIE why they can't offer the toys. There are two lies here. One is that they can't offer the toys any longer, not that they decided not to. The second is that they voluntarily "recalled" the toys. Maybe there are three lies if they are not asking for the toys back which is what "recall" would imply. A fourth lie is probably that no child's fingers have gotten stuck in the toy.

Look at any pro-discrimination group and you'll see that everything they to use against us are LIES.

10. Pain

Pain Guest

I'm American, but I think it's supposed to be a play on "fillet" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. LisforLisa

They can have whatever opinion they want. The businesses are local so people beside the management lose money. I'm not going to be boycotting chick-fil-a. I enjoy there waffles fries. I think companies should stay neutral on this debate

12. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

it's pronounced chick fill-hey (I think) I dislike them however, and they only showed people how weak they are, not only did they turn "on their values" by lying, they are also become more and more disliked, which will effect how much they make, idiots, seriously get this company a upper management

13. J Snow

Okay, so my assistant manager discussed this whole chic-fil-a thing with me today (I know he's heard I'm gay from a co-worker but we've never discussed it openly). So he told me that yesterday he was working and an employee from Chic-Fil-A came into our subway and told them about a new product they are getting called the "Queer Bashing Cordon Blue." The store owner should be grateful I wasn't working because I would have given him a piece of my mind and refused to serve him.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The employee apparently saw the Onion article and was too stupid to know it was satire :slight_smile:

15. J Snow

Ah, I didn't realize it was an Onion article. Perhaps they were just making fun of their own company though. Like I said, I wasn't there when it happened, I just heard about it through word of mouth.

16. boilingintexas

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know my view is in the minority here, but I don't have a problem with them expresing their opinion on gay marriage. They have the right to say things like this, and I respect that. Their view however, is like a discusting relic from years ago that needs to be thrown out like the 6 month old sour cream in my new room mates fridge. On to the organizations it donated to, I'll with-hold my opinion on that, as I haven't seen a list, nore have I seen their goals. Chick-fil-a's PR departments attempt to smooth over the contriversy just saddens me, because the people who are gonna take the brunt of the fallout are the ones working in the resturants, just trying to get enough of a pay check to make it through. Ultimantly, I'm just gonna take a page form their book and "turn the other cheek". And then walk strait into the Micky D's that is always next door. I always liked their nuggets more anyways.

17. Ugh....I hate this whole Chic-fil-a thing. I have a christian friend who has posting stuff on facebook about this (I'm 'hopelessly' closet-locked) and I'm from Massachusetts...KUDOS TO BOSTON'S MAYOR TOM MENINO for speaking out against Chic-fil-a.

What really makes me mad is how people are twisting Mayor Menino's words....EVEN THOUGH THE LETTER HAS BEEN MADE QUITE PUBLIC. He never denied Chic-fil-a the ability to open stores in Boston....the only thing he said (which was a response to Chic-fil-a's CEO statement) was that Boston is proud of their gay and lesbian community and if Chic-fil-a has a problem with that...then they should reconsider opening stores in Boston.

I had never heard of Chic-fil-a until a recent trip to Florida. I probably would never visit one because I'm not that much of a fan of chicken restaurants. As far as their views on gays and lesbians.....they can say whatever they want. BUT...if they cross the line and put their beliefs into how they operate (ie...firing gay and lesbians for their sexuality, discrimination, etc).....I hope they get what's coming to them.

I am really surprised about all of the support Chic-fil-a has gotten....I really thought as a society....people were more accepting of gays and lesbians....oh well....I guess the fight continues. :frowning2:

18. IllusiveRannoch

somehow their VP of public relations died from a heart attack yesterday.
    Donald A. Perry Dead: Chick-Fil-A Vice President Of Corporate Public Relations Dies

kind of sad. must be hard on his family. hoping they can get through it. but i'm kind of even more hoping no cheers are made from LGBT people about his death, no matter what views CFA's prez may have. it'd really suck.

19. JackWin

I just want to know why a fast-food chain of all things needs to have a stance on gay rights, or same sex marriage. I generally try to look the other way when people make a statement against gays or gay marriage, solely because that is their belief and they have the right to feel that way. However I do not like it when people go to over the top with their anti-whoever stance. But in all honesty, does a fast-food chain really need to give a damn about gay rights. In the end it will only end up hurting their business in more ways than one.

20. Snowy

Snowy Guest

[​IMG]

Couldn't help but laughing after I read the first sentence :lol: