Cars

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IrishLad93, Sep 9, 2012.

1. IrishLad93

Yeah I love classic cars, British ones especially.

My dad owns a red Triumph TR4, beautiful car.

2. Jared

I love car shows, they're a lot of fun. Has anyone been to a Concours d'Elegance? I went to the one in Pebble Beach last year and I was in heaven. So many classic and expensive cars, it was unreal. My favorite classic car is the Mercedes-Benz 540K, I would kill to have one.

3. SunSparks

Am I the only one that would prefer a more efficient car than something like a Lambo? Even in your fantasy car? I've been following cars for a while now except lately I've been out of tune :roflmao: because I'm soooo busy. Anyways, like in my situation, I really don't need a car... I'm in college, bus takes you everywhere. But as for my plans in the future, I was really looking for an electric car.... obviously the production ones right now stink and theres so little choice but in a few years.... definitely a growing market. Like I imagine living close to work, even if that means I get a smaller place because I can just fix it up so I really don't need to go far and it will save me tons of money on gas. Plus, they can actually be pretty fun to drive once you get them in the right situation with their high torque. But if I was looking in the market right now... that would be tough. We're at a critical point where gas cars are catching up to hybrid and so hybrid will be like nothing and plug-ins will be a better option. I personally prefer smaller, more perky cars I guess.... like when I drive, I am either in two modes: 1) Eco mode... somehow the physics nerd inside of me tunes in and tells me when to accelerate, when you break ,and when to coast... its hard to explain and 2) Weeee mode... beware of me in weeeee mode! I seriously am so reckless, I'm speeding down hills and really just having fun with it.. like back at home, there was this really awesome winding road that goes up and down as well on a cliff next to the ocean.... that was soooooooooooo fun driving, with cars you can't see at the top of the hills and sharp curves.. oooohu, I cant even try to describe it... anyways, I have fun. So... definitely something I can have a miniparty when I go to calculate my mpg but something I can just ride with.... which is pretty much what you are talking about hatchbacks and coupes.... I'm not so much with european cars... just more so cars retailed in the US... so personally, I like the Ford focus hatch.... any of those..... just because they have that perky side but the economical side as well...

Well, this paragraph is a mess, sorry xD Busy with school.... I guess when you're taking 2 extra classes and two other classes are filled with upperclassmen..... then you start feeling the burn xD

4. Romi

You might actually be right. There's this guy I'm pretty good friends with. We were into each other my freshman year at uni. and then we tried the whole dating thing off and on for a while, not that it really worked since we're better as friends, but...he drove Jeeps. All of his vehicles ever? Jeep.

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

This has been said much before, of course - but you're so awesome.

I love driving. It's like meditation for me. The repetitive tasks required for operation of a vehicle are all ingrained, so I can just sit back and existentialistically (is that a word? No? Too bad I'm making it up anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) enjoy the beautiful scenery while letting my thoughts just flow by....

Cars, though? I hate those. They're always evil and break down on me or something. Sure, I can fix them, but I hate doing it. And it happens ever so often...

So, in far less words - Love-Hate relationship :thumbsup:

6. Jim1454

If you're a VW fan then step up to an Audi. My husband and I own 3 of them between us! I have a 2001 TT Roadster (my avatar), a 2008 Q7 and a 2009 A4. We absolutely LOVE all of them. Our neighbours assumed that we worked at a dealership. Nope - we just love Audis.

The TT is an awesome little car. I have the original version obviously, and I haven't driven the new ones - which I understand are even better. The original was simply Audi's take on the VW Beetle when then brought it out back then. The newer versions are (I think) on their own platform and obviously more serious driving cars.

So yes - I'm a car enthusiast. Always have been - since I was little.

7. SunSparks

:O Audi is seriously my favorite brand. The TT is really cute! The only gripe I have is Combined MPG: 26 for the 2013 model... Nonononono..... well, at least nonononono for me xD

8. IrishLad93

Me too, I love sporty combined with luxury, best of both.

Yes was thinking that. The new TT's are gorgeous, theres a woman who drives a pearly white one in my town and and its so nice, I notice her all the time because of her car (that I want!)... haha am i creepy?!
    I really love the new models.

Im actually moving to the UK by the end of this year and I love the A1's, of course not as nice as the TT's but much more in a reasonable price range for me. You don't get them in the US. I like tinier cars. They're hatchbacks and tinier than the A3's-which i dislike).

Attached Files:

9. IrishLad93

Yeah American cars are absolutely awful on mileage.

For instance the Grand Jeep Cherokee in the US gets 13 mpg, which is terrible. But yet in the E.U. the same exact car gets nearly 30 mpg.

Proof that the Oil Industry really influences car design and control.

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2012 at 08:12 PM ----------

Maybe you've caught onto an ongoing cliche!

Attached Files:

#29 IrishLad93, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012