1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Switch

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andstillimhere7, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I recently switched from pursuing psychiatry to neuropsychology because I believe that I'm putting to much work for psychiatry and I haven't filled any requirements for medical school. My mom is for it and my dad is against it (but it doesn't matter what he thinks). I'm just concerned if that is the path i want to choose. I really like neuropsychology, but I'm just worried about stability and happiness. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are if you know anything about neuropsych or psychiatry.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If neuropsych is what you want, do that. It's a wonderful and growing field. I worked in a neuropsych lab for two years, despite my interests lying towards clinical psych. What are you hoping to accomplish? What level of education does the career you want require? Graduate-level education in psych is extremely competitive. If you want to do that, you're going to have to focus not only on getting good grades but also getting research experience.