1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant shake the thought im going to go to hell for being gay

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mikey34, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Religious people are always picking and choosing which parts of the Bible "don't apply anymore" or are "outdated" and the only reason people still have a problem with homosexuality is because they don't understand it or it doesn't apply to them. I know people who aren't religious who just think the thought of two people of the same gender together is "kinda icky", because they can't relate to it, so obviously religious people of the same opinion use the Bible to back it up.
    Honestly, we're all human, and if there is a God he shouldn't be sending you to eternal damnation for liking people of the same sex. Homosexuality isn't wrong, it's two consenting adults/people who love each other.
    I used to freak out about it all the time, I used to feel so scared and pretty much have panic attacks over religious stuff, but that passed, so hopefully it will for you. Just focus more on being a good person.

2. fackit

Seriously, the bible is full of convoluted bullcrap, I would worry about the social implications and my status quo more if I were you.

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly. The religious texts of most major religions started up thousands of years ago, and they were all written by humans, not God. Those humans were religious leaders, and wanted their numbers to rise. Back then humans were used for almost everything, from building religious monuments to agriculture to wars. It's also why many religions used to be okay with men having multiple wives, to produce more babies. In addition, the infant mortality rate was high, there was no cure for most diseases, and people had generally shorter life spans. Masterbation was also a sin in most religions, for the same reason. You couldn't exactly be fruitful and multipy back then if you didn't have hetro sex.

4. Ace of Hearts

This article might be helpful.
    Does the Bible Really Call Homosexuality an ?Abomination?? | Sexuality/Gender | Religion Dispatches

--Ace of Hearts

---------- Post added 17th Nov 2013 at 10:52 PM ----------

also, many Old Testament scholars define "abomination" as being merely unclean. "Unclean" in the same sense that eating pork was unclean.

--Ace of Hearts (*hug*)

5. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I think we have to take the bible in the context of the time it was written. Jesus was all about love and I don't think he would have a problem with gay people.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The God I believe in doesn't send people to hell for loving others.

7. Ace of Hearts

I can assure you that Jesus never says you have to be straight in order to get into Heaven. I would suggest reading through the story of the rich, young ruler, in which Jesus gives the directions on how one can get into Heaven:

--Ace of Hearts
    (*hug*)