1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't figure out what's going on

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Carrie M, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Carrie M

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, so- I'm a female and I've always considered myself to be cisgender. I've never thought about it much, really.

I have had this feeling recently (for the past few months) that I want to be a gay man. I'm not attracted to guys as a girl, but I think I would be if I was a man. I find myself being jealous of guys, how they act, and how they can dress.

I think I'd be pretty okay with female or male pronouns. And if I woke up randomly as another gender, I'd be okay with it.

Also, a side note- I"ve tried binding before, and it felt really really good to me. But I don't know if that means anything.

This is all super confusing for me- can anyone help??

#1 Carrie M, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the attraction thing makes sense to me. A lot of the reason that I thought I was a lesbian at first was that I didn't want to be a guy's girlfriend. It makes sense to me that you could be attracted to guys but not if they see you as female. If you liked binding that could be a sign of dysphoria. A good question to ask yourself would be whether it felt better or more right than not binding did- whether it feels more right to you to see yourself with or without breasts. If you end up continuing to bind make sure you're doing it safely.