1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can sexuality or possibly experimenting be a phase?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jmiller85, Jan 18, 2017.

1. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He could've briefly been experiencing sexual attraction to men, but perhaps realized that he was unable to form a romantic bond to other men as well, or didn't experience romantic attraction, so he doesn't wish to pursue his sexual feelings. I know that even if I am physically attracted to someone sometimes, I will become disinterested over time if I am unable to form a romantic bond with them.

#21 EverDeer, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. gaslight88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Slightly old thread for me to respond to. However, I agree with creativemind.

Personally I don't know yet whether I'm straight, bi, or gay, but gay is a very real possibility. It seems harsh to say that the sex I've had with girls in the past has just been stress relief, but thats definitely been one result of it. You are stressed, you have a sexual urge, you act on it, you get relief.

If I come to the future realisation, and acceptance, that I am gay, does my prior experience with girls mean I am actually forever bisexual? Obviously its rarer for this to occur the other way around. But if a guy who used to sleep with girls later identifies as gay, no one would have doubts about that. Why should it be any different if this guy settles with a girl? It is all a process of self discovery, and some people are more relaxed in their own skin than others.