1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can homophobic people change?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JPC, May 1, 2013.

1. Vladik

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I personally believe that most homophobic people are generally unintelligent. Most people's opinions are not their own, but leeched outlooks from someone else. Most of the time these people develop their low information outlooks from parents and the like, then you have the people who are afraid of their own sexually.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that everyone that is homophobic is unintelligent. But the lack of questioning what you've been taught leads me to believe that person isn't capable of much higher thought.

So while these people that make Facebook pages digesting gay marriage don't personally hurt my feelings, as I tend to view them like I would a person or group of people that are mentally handicapped. On a small level I even feel sorry for them, as they Obviously missed out on general intelligence.

I have been told I have an unorthodox view on life, so please don't take offense to these thoughts. I'm just presenting an Alternate outlook. There are always exceptions.

2. Renge

They will surely change when they realize they're an LGBT

3. Reptillian

Not all of them are LGBTs themselves and those studies suggesting arousal = sexual attraction are missing reasons why arousal can occur and it has been proven arousal is not always because of sexual attraction. At least, please study about sexuality because it is not easy as assuming arousal is always a reliable confirmatory signal of one's sexuality. Writers of articles tends to overlooks problems with certain assumptions.

#43 Reptillian, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  4. Lewis

Definitely. My best friend was really homophobic and when I first met him I had to really bite my tongue at times. He said he didn't believe in gay marriage and used to call gay people 'fairies'. You could tell that he didn't really mean it or actually have a clue what he was talking about. He then realised he had issues/confusion with his own sexuality, which I think opened his mind a lot.

He has changed his ways and when I told him that I'm gay, he was the best. Ultimately I think his homophobia stemmed from him being a little sexually confused.

5. Renge

Eh.. I didn't mean all of them are lgbt