1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a lesbian...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Priiiide, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Priiiide

Still appreciate a good looking guy or acknowledge and realize when a male is attractive? What is the difference between that and actually being attracted to a male? What is attraction basically?

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2013 at 12:37 AM ----------

I'm just slightly confused because everyone seems to have a different definition of attraction and I wanted to clear it up.

2. DrkRayne

Yep. I'm a lesbian. Love the ladies, think women are sexy and know I could only love and make love to a woman

But i'm not blind. A good looking man can still be appreciated. I mean...personally when I see a nice looking guy, I have no desire to see him naked or sleep with him, but I appreciate his looks. His clothes, how he carries himself.
    For me its almost admiration. I want that suave. lol.

Attraction is different. When I see a sexy woman, i wonder what she looks like under her clothes. I admire her looks from a...sexual standpoint. I notice details i wouldn't see on a man. And when a woman smells good...I nearly drool.

And if I look long enough...which I no longer do as I am not single...i use to wonder what she'd look like beneath me moaning. But..i was a horn dog at one point.
    Its just...attractive men and woman cause different reactions in me.
    But yes...I can still appreciate a good looking man. I just don't get aroused by him.

3. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's a difference between telling someone is attractive, and being attracted to them. A friend of mine once put it as 'you might be able to say someone is attractive, but that doesn't necessarily mean you want to bone them'. Crude, but gets at the heart of the issue.

4. lovely lesbian

5. Tiny Catastrophe

The way I see it is that yeah I can tell when a guy is attractive but I don't desire to be with him or sleep with him or anything like that.

6. Mysz

If I'm attracted to a man, it's a friendship attraction. I want to be close to them, but not have sex or go out. ^^
    I considered lesbian appreciation of the male form or gay male appreciation of the female form purely aesthetic, like an artist recognizing a fellow artist's work.

7. Nick07

:slight_smile: Yesterday, I saw a striking woman. No, I don't fantasize about sleeping with her :grin: But I can still remember her beautiful face and chic short haircut.

8. fortheloveoflez

The difference is in the desire. I will have trouble keeping my eyes off an attractive woman whereas it would be really easy to get my eyes off an attractive guy. I might even dream about the women and have urges to kiss her and be close to her. Then I might start thinking about what it would be like to have "fun" with her. Generally, I still think women look much better than men (my lesbianism tells me this). Men do not give me the same response; they don't stop me in my tracks. I think another way to look at it is that an attractive woman has the ability to distract and disrupt whatever task I may be doing...if I'm studying and an attractive woman talks to me...well, chances are I'd be thinking about her while studying...

9. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find so many guys attractive but that doesn't mean I'd want to date them. I just don't get that *zing* from them

10. LILuke

Definitely. Noticing that someone is good looking is not attraction.

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I agree with this 100%...if you "desire" to be with a man then go for it! Do not deny whatever it is that you're feeling because you've labelled yourself as a lesbian. And who cares about what other people will think if you decide to be with a guy. If you dislike like it then, perhaps you are really gay. It's okay, you know; you're not signing a contract to be with women only for the rest of your life. Our sexuality is very fluid, so yeah...

12. Lipstick Leuger

Yes, and this really confused me a lot at first. However, I look at and enjoy handsome and attractive males. I have male friends that smell good, and it feels good to hug them. That is all however, they are good to hug. I don't want anything else. It feels comforting and is pleasant but I just don't have a need to do anything else. It is more like a brotherly thing. It is comforting, but not the 'zing' the electricity I get with a woman.

13. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I agree with all of what people said. This also troubled me when I was first just discovering myself. Some people identify as bi-curious which usually carries the connotation of being mostly straight, but also slightly mistified with the idea of being with the opposite sex. I thought that I was bi-curious except for the main attraction being for the same sex. As I became more aware, I realized that this feeling was either just social taboo wearing off on me, or what I came to call 'male jealousness.' I am a girl, and I'm proud to be female, but there are just some characteristics of men and boys that I think, 'why does that have to be a male trait.' I guess to put it simply, when I see an attractive guy, I am usually jealous that he can pull off that great look so easily. If it were me I'd have to cut my hair, workout like crazy, tape my boobs down, and grow about 5 inches. Which...isn't easy. I don't nessicarily want to be the guy, I just want to maybe look as good in his clothes or something of the sort.

Anyways, I hope that helps. Those are just my expiriences.

14. ElixHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ha. This sounds like me, every day.. :icon_redf But yes, this was definitely a sign that I saw women in a more sexual manner than men. With a man, I can admire his attractiveness, wish to be his friend, and even wish to be closer to him -- but in non-sexual manner (I'm a touchy person in general.) However, with a woman, I will almost immediately imagine what she looks like naked, what she'd be like in a relationship, what it'd be like to be in a relationship with her, and what not.

As silly as it sounds, it took me a good while to truly figure out this distinction, and a big part of that had to do with some of my initial denial of me possibly liking women at first. Once I settled into the idea and stopped worrying about it as much, I found in idle moments where my mind was wandering and thinking about it, and much of that made me realize just how much I was right about my sexuality and how much I truly do love women.

15. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say when you appreciate a good looking person you just take a look and that's enough, but when you are attracted to someone it creates some kind of action/need of action (staring at them, need to be close to them, know them better, need for physical contact, fantasizing about them, etc.) This (level of) action could be probably different in different people, hence the different definition of attraction. Maybe?

I have a friend who loves K-pop and once she showed me a vid with her favorite Korean singer/actor. It was a movie scene where he was drinking wine before his character was killed. She was really excited telling me over and over that I gotta see it because he's really really super hOT in that particular scene. Yes, he was kinda cute but the truth is that every time she speaks about him I only remember the bottle of red wine he was drinking :lol: (she'd definitely choose the guy but for me the wine it is :roflmao:slight_smile: