1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Cameron Kasky and David Hogg a prom couple?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Chip, May 1, 2018.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Parkland shooting survivors-turned-gun-reform-advocates posted a Twitter pic that said "Prom 2018"

[​IMG]

... however, it turns out, according to both of their parents, that the post wasn't serious.

Whether Cameron and/or David are gay isn't important. What is awesome, however, is that both are comfortable enough with who they are to let people think they could be. And that's a truly lovely thing.

2. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats a nice thought and maybe that is entirely true... but to me it just looks like typical straight guy banter.

Maybe I am beeing to cynical?

3. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think Cameron could be gay. I'm pretty sure David is straight. But either way, it's not a problem to me if they are a couple

4. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact that Cameron posted it with "prom 2018" is what makes me think there was actual intent to play with heterosexist stereotypes here.

I also think there's a good possibility Cameron bats for our team. But as you said, regardless, it's not a problem. Just awesome that they're using their visibility to make people think about more than just gun violence. So far they've addressed privilege and now perceptions of sexuality. Definitely an enlightened bunch.

5. illbehere

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Regardless of either guy's sexuality, I think it is amazing they have enough confidence to brace hate and put themselves out there, challenging stereotypes. And hey, you have to admit, it's pretty cuteee.

6. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They're in kind of a weird situation - they already get such a huge amount of hate mail from people claiming they are paid crisis actors and the shooting wasn't real, and then the hate mail for being anti-gun on top of it. It kind of looks like they just decided 'screw it' and are going to push as many causes as they can for as long as they can since they will be drowning in hate mail for years anyway. Some of the conspiracy theories about these people are just insane, I saw one that said because David's dad is an FBI agent people think David is secretly working for the FBI/CIA to disarm Americans and make it easier for the government to become a dictatorship people can't fight back against.

7. Chip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the most incredible admiration for them. TMZ posted a video that some papparazzi got of Cameron at an airport... peppering him and one of the other MSD students with all sorts of questions about school, college, what they're doing... and they responded with grace and kindness even though they were obviously tired and would rather have been left alone. They even hugged the guy at the end. I don't think I could have done that at 17.

So when you look at that, and the concentrated hate they are constantly barraged with, yes... it's truly amazing, and I do think they might be simply saying "Well, we're going to piss off these losers anyway, so we might as well just do everything we can."

8. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agree 100%. The generation behind me astounds me with their causes and gives me hope. .