1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to parents yesterday

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by anna96, Jan 8, 2017.

1. anna96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my New Years resolutions was to come out to the people whom I trust. Since I started school this year, I have grown more comfortable with myself and beginning to accept my sexuality after 4 years of knowing that I am and being in the closet. A few of my friends already know as well as my sister.

Basically I was talking to my mom yesterday about another friend who told me he was bisexual when we hung out a few days ago. I asked her if my sister or I were to come out if she would accept us and she said she would. Then she looked at me and asked her if there was something that I wanted to tell her and then I kind of blurted out that I think that I am bi as well. Then it all came out, from my 8th grade female crush to what really happened at my friends house from 4th-6th grade and things we did at sleepovers. She seemed surprised because I had only ever talked about crushes on boys. But she did say that I was welcome to bring a girl home if I wanted to. I was so happy I started to cry. I had a mix of emotions because I was basically revealing a 4 year old secret. And by coming out to my close friends, I've found out a lot about my other friends sexualities that really surprised me.

Now that she knows I can go to pride this summer and try and get to know this one girl a bit better.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, anna96!:thumbsup: That's a wonderful story. Oftentimes, 'just' Coming Out is easier than spending a lot of time worrying about how to go about it in advance. I'm so happy that your mom was so accepting!:slight_smile:

Happy New Year to you!

3. Silver Sparrow

Congratulations Anna96! I'm so glad that your year is starting out well.

4. Jacob D

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Anna.

5. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations :thumbsup: It's always a huge relief when you come out to someone close to you and they take it well.