1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to one of my best friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Your Pal DK, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Your Pal DK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A couple of nights ago me and one of my female best friends were laying out on my 2nd floor deck stargazing and talking and she confessed to me that her and my little brothers good friend who is also my good friend like each other. I never had the intention of coming out that night but after she confessed that to me I was like "Fuck it, I might as well just say it now". So here's how the conversation went. :icon_bigg

Me: Has it ever occured to you why I am so pro-gay marriage?
    Her: Because you [some really stupid answer that I don't remember].
    Me: No, think about it H, why do you think I am offended when people use the word "homo" and things along those lines?
    Her: (The way she said this made it seem like it was no big deal) Because you're gay?

My memory is a little sketchy on what I said next, we talked about my homosexuality and she said she never thought that I was gay and then said "It is true though, so many cute guys end up being gay!" :thumbsup:, then after talking about other things involving me she vented on the drama going on in her life. I am so happy to have finally said it to someone! Now I feel the weight on my chest getting lighter. Right when I came out I saw a shooting star too, which was really ironic!

1 female best friend down :slight_smile:, and the next time I see my other female childhood best friend I plan on coming out to her! Hopefully at some point I will feel comfortable coming out to my male best friend as well but as of right now that just doesn't seem possible.

2. BornAnew

Well done on your first coming out :slight_smile: , the feeling of that weight getting lighter is the best in the world!!

Nice to see she's supportive too and the shooting star coming just right then is sooo cool, it's like the universe winking at you to say "you did good" lol.

3. Given To Fly

Excellent!(!)

I'm gradually working through my good friends too, and so far it's going much, much better than I ever dreamed it would.

4. Romi

That is such wonderful news to hear! I'm so glad you were able to tell her and be met with nothing less than love. That makes me really happy for you. I wish the best in all your future coming out endeavors. :]

5. Your Pal DK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you all very much for the congratulations! I have felt so much better than usual the last few days! :grin:

6. Given To Fly

It's a great feeling isn't it?!:eusa_danc