Came out to my friend and now a relative of mine knows?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lazyfire, Mar 23, 2013.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This all started on Wednesday, 3/20/2013. I was sitting in science class and I figured that my friend needed to know. I had been holding it from her for the past 5 months and she'd always ask who this 'girl' was. I told her on Wednesday and specifically said not for that secret to spread to my cousin. Apparently, a day or two later, my cousin was told that. Today, during a celebration party, my cousin walks over to me and says "I've always known". She seemed pretty angry the first 5 minutes during our gathering but it was also playful at the same time. That same day, we played a guessing game of "WHO DO YOU LIKE". I said her crush and she didn't know before but that night, she named my crush.

I don't know how to tell my friend anything anymore. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even my idea. It was another girl's idea to tell my friend. What should I do? Now that my friend has gone blabbing my secret to my cousin, what if she decides to tell everyone one of her other best friends? Am I not as close as I think I am with this friend?

2. estrella

First and foremost, only come out because you feel you need to--not because someone else thinks it's best for you. Of course, it's not your fault, so don't take it too harshly. Also, take it with a grain of salt. Just because someone has a hair up their rear does not mean you should let it bother you--be it about you or not. You cannot change the fact that you are who you are, and neither can you change the fact that your cousin knows--whether all along or not.

Just take it one step at a time. If you do not feel comfortable about it, talk to her. Talk to your friend about it. If you have instilled enough trust in someone and asked them specifically not to tell, then what else can't you trust them with?

All in all, only do what you are most comfortable with. Best of luck! *Hug*

3. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *Hugs back* Now, I see more of her than I normally do. By see more of her, I mean who she really is. It's not like she went blabbing to everyone because they probably all know. :frowning2:
    My crush's friend once hit me in the arm and was like, "What's up man?". We didn't even talk except for last year. I just hope that my relative was the only person she 'told'. Maybe she told all the friends she 'trusts' and I guess my relative counts.

I guess I know not to tell her EVERYTHING anymore.

4. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    good idea...best not to tell that b***h of a friend anything... you able to have a word with your cousin? she is family...she might be able to keep it... ive kept alot of secrets for my cousins... and i dont even like them...

5. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This b***h is also on the same team as my crush's not so secret crush. I'm afraid she told her and now, there's more competition. What I'm even more afraid of, is my secret spilling friend telling him even though he knows.

I don't want her to be telling everyone she considers her friend. Ugh. I hate popular people at our school right now. THEY ALL KNOW. Q.Q