1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to him... now what?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by frxstrating, Jun 1, 2014.

1. frxstrating

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello! :grin:

Coming out was hard to him even though I did it via text. This was sort of what changed me after I decided to do it. I mean, I still like him and whatnot, but do I actually like him? Does he have feeling for me? Whatever it is, I am slightly confused.

This will be short, so no promises for a long story.

Once I came out to him, I rethought all events. I thought of all the discomfort I felt when he touched me, (discomfort isn't the right word really, more like awkward comfort but I couldn't really show it?) he purposefully tripped only to grab onto my shoulders, and stared at me a lot, but I thought all of this was usual, dismissing everything. Could I have ruined my chance, him liking me a while ago but me, not showing any affection, dismissing it all?

One more thing!

I'd really like to show him I like him because I just tense up and get awkward around him, and he seems to show some sort of friendly interest in what I have to say, so how could I return that to him? I feel bad when he helps me with my trombone playing while I just sit there and mess up in front of him.

Thanks!

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, has he said anything after you came out?

I think the best thing you can do is just keep the friendship going and keep trying to get closer to him. Invite him to do stuff with you outside school, spend time together, maybe get a bit more touchy with him and see how he responds. Then if the vibe is right, you can tell him your feelings.

I hope this goes well for you :slight_smile: