1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to dad but not mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MercuryChan, Jun 21, 2015.

1. MercuryChan

MercuryChan Guest

I was planning on coming out to my mom a couple of days ago, but then I didn't follow through with it. Then I totally surprised myself and came out to my dad, who didn't react amazingly, but wasn't horrible either. But now... I keep making excuses to myself not to tell her, for no reason because she's really tolerant and all that. I keep putting it off, saying "oh, she's sick" or "I'll wait until my siblings aren't around." I know I'm scared, but I don't know how to put that aside. I'm leaving for camp in two days, and I don't like this kind of feeling of betrayal, the fact that I've "valued" one parent's support over the other. How do I just up and tell her? I don't want to de facto come out to my siblings, and they're ALWAYS around...

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Couldn't you just ask her "Mom, can we talk about something, in private?"

I think that's about the only way I can think of if you feel you want to come out to both of your parents before you go off...

EDIT: Alternatiely, a letter could work.

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

This (very good advice)

Or if you still can't bring yourself to do it ask your father if he could somehow tell her.(since he already knows and probably has some time with her without any of your siblings around.)