Caitlyn Jenner

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by fern, Jun 1, 2015.

1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

On one hand I dont know or really care who caitlyn jenner is but on the other, people are assholes

2. The Wallflower

Lol, no. It was all over every single social media website. It doesn't matter where you where-- every day you would see Psy doing his idiotic dance move.

You guys heard about Drake Bell's tweet, right?

[​IMG]

Personally I love Drake even though he can be an asshole sometimes.

Anyways, just look at her! She's so pretty in this picture! :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate drake bell. He's an asshole. :dry:

4. Rainbows~Exist

I'm extremely proud of her!!! It's just disappointing to see the negative comments and jokes being made about her. Assholes saying she's doing it for publicity :dry:

This has also put me on bad terms with my brother... He's one of those assholes and said that if our father did this he'd never speak to him ever again :dry:

5. RainDreamer

Good thing I never use social media...

But really, a soldier and an out transperson are not very different. Both risk their lives everyday fighting for what they believe in. Both walks down the street everyday, one in America, one in Iraq, with eyes of suspicion, contempt, disgust hid amongst the crowd and watch them. Both have to watch out for danger at every corner they turn, for anyone in the crowd could be plotting to attack them, to kill them not for what they do, but just because of who they are: an US soldier, or a transperson. Perhaps the only difference is that the transperson never signed up for this.

6. The Wallflower

Hey, there's always negative comments. She just has to focus on the positive ones!

Anyways, I feel your pain, Dr. My mom and I have actually argued over this a few times. I've also had a few heated discussions with my 'friends' about this topic, as well...

7. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Truly disgusting to hear people misgender, mock and criticize her. She's not hurting anyone!! Leave her alone. Unlike my fellow conservatives I'm as supportive of the LGBT community as anyone can be.:bang:
    Then again I'm gay, but whatever.
    Great job Caitlyn! You're fabulous!

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this sounds drastic but I am blocking anyone who share that shitty untrue comparison about Caitlyn Jenner. I don't need those kind of people!

9. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    agreed! i'm a huge proponent of showing cis people who just dont understand the separation the Gender Bread Person v3.0 you can be such a mix of different places on all the different scales.

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2015 at 09:12 AM ----------

I was going to do the same - it's just shocking when it's people I would never expect. two of my cousins posted those articles and included their own comments, which I found pretty offensive. I feel really bad defriending/blocking family members...ugh i'm just trying to ignore it for now.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing with family members cause I personally know that is even harder to deal with is too hide their posts from you being able to view them. It is better than taking risk of blocking them and them crying all about it if they ever find out.

11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the whole debate happening. I like that she decided to do this, because it brings to light something that every transperson faces, and it's something that people tell us we're not living with.

People are saying "Oh, but she's a huge celebrity that only thinks about themselves, and I can't turn a corner without seeing her". Well, huge celebrities like that have that kind of influence. An influence that will drastically change everyday people who say one thing, but when it's a celebrity, those people turn into something different. And those people are what we talk about EVERY day. We say they exist. We get denied their existence, and then we get confirmed their existence because a well-known person has to face this kind of hatred.

When we fight about trans rights, this is what we mean.

12. Acm

Acm Guest

I was pleasantly surprised to hear some classmates of mine saying nice things about her. I've been purposefully avoiding the topic because I don't feel like dealing with any transphobia though, so I haven't really heard much besides that.

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly! I'm a good example of that. People are shocked when I tell them I like women, because I'm so feminine. XD

14. EricM

Out Status:
    A few people
    Literally everywhere I go. :/

But there were 2 videos I wanted to share about Caitlyn Jenner.

For people who refuse to use proper pronouns.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFpZ2AuEy5w[/YOUTUBE]

And this is one to remind us that while Caitlyn's coming out was a brave thing to do, she still may not be for the Transgender Community.

https://www.facebook.com/tammy.peay.7/videos/461608927328443/?pnref=story

15. TheJackC

I think it's great that more celebrities are LGBTQA as it raises awareness and acceptance!

16. GayAndProudd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

Personally I love Drake even though he can be an asshole sometimes.

I'm in no way defending Drake, but I think he was making a reference from the time he said "Sorry, still calling you Josh" in Drake and Josh, when Josh was cross-dressing. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I think at least, I may be wrong.

17. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's great that Caitlyn did this because even if it's at an older age that most would transition, it's better to live happily. Plus, she looks great for her age and it inspires others to be true to themselves and realize that others' opinions of them come second to their happiness.