1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying older phones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nightlight, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Nightlight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lately I've been looking through some iphone models and I came across iphone SE. It looked so pretty. Unfortunately I couldn't get the ones that were on clearence by Apple.

For getting that model, my options are limited to buying used/refurbished ones, as I'm tight on budget. (I could find a new one if I try..?)

I'm worried of its longetivity though. Even if it may work just fine for a year, it may not last on the 2nd year. I might get the one that was manufactured in 2018 or way back in 2016. (FYI iphone SE was only discountinued last year)

So do you think a phone made in 2016 will work for the next 2+ years...?

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it will if taken care of. Iphones last a long time. Someone I knew is still currently using an Iphone 4 (from 2010)

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes, it's true. Especially for iphones.

The older models were better tho

Personally, I consider iphones way too costly for their quality. you can get the same quality for a significantly lower price in samsung or another popular brand of smartphones.

some materials deteriorate not with use but with time or exposure to air (oxygen).