1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bud Light boycott stories are really depressing

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mnguy, Apr 18, 2023.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I read some of them and I got a sick feeling from the horrible response from the hateful people. They don't understand this issue at all but are convincing people they are doing the right thing. They started the anti-trans movement and are using it to raise money, get votes and pretend it's about protecting children. They lie about trans people and about the real motives. Multiple articles explain it's because their anti-abortion bs isn't helping them win elections, but polling shows enough people will be duped by this trans suppression. It's so sad and wrong and will lead to more trans and others among us being hurt and dying, whether at their own hands or by an attacker's inspired and emboldened by all the "leaders" doing it. All due to lies being spread and propaganda against people who just want to be themselves like anyone else. So much for liberty, self determination, pursuit of happiness and justice for all!

2. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the question is what do we do to counter the BS? Well we can hide and shutter behind the closet door or even whine and cry about what it is that’s so wrong. Not sure any of that will really be helpful. Those who want us to disappear are as afraid of us as we are of them. So my question is how can we actively take them on and blow up their bullsh*t and continue to educate and create understanding that difference is beautiful, not sameness. Difference is what we all are. Why do religions fight and kill each other over who has the ‘real’ god? Fear it seems is running the world right now. How can we calm the fears these people have about us? Thought???

3. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a fairly negative mood so I'll say, there are too many people who are too stupid, gullible, foolish and they enjoy having a group to hate on. They also will never admit they were wrong as that's tantamount to death for them. They love having power over others. Like you said, one religion hating the other, or "loving them so much" they will kill them to force them to change their beliefs, is how they might put it. Like how the missionaries destroyed so many indigenous people in the Americas to "help and convert them". It's crazy but it's taught to us from the cradle all over the world to have a sub-class of people. Is there anywhere now or ever in history that one or more groups of people are not treated very badly, excluded and such? It's in the dark DNA I think.

#3 mnguy, Apr 19, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2023
  4. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What does protecting the children have to do with anything ?

5. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Protecting the children is another con in my mind. I can hear the fear of others ringing in my ears. These faggots and weirdos will come after my babies and turn them into freaks! The fear for them is totally overwhelming. Of course it’s all BS, but that’s not the point is it.

6. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It has a long history in anti-LGBTQ hate anyone not familiar with it should take the time to learn. I think it started with the b**** anita bryant, who famously got a pie in the face LOL so there's a start, also recent news articles mention the phrase and history so that's another resource to see what's going on. Make sure you pick honest news sources like NPR, MPR, PBS, BBC, AP News, and Reuters I think are all fair.

I couldn't resist haha https://duckduckgo.com/?va=i&t=hs&q=anita+bryant+pie&iax=images&ia=images

#6 mnguy, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  7. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, I’m still not quite sure I totally understand everything about this, but I was at Total Wine and More the other day, and they were selling Bud Light for dirt cheap. So I picked up an 18 pack. Was that good of me?

#7 Andrew99, May 24, 2023
    Last edited: May 24, 2023
  8. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For those old folks like me who remember the changes that took place starting many decades ago when African American people were reintroduced as real human beings as opposed to whatever. It took time and patience but at the same time it took people who put themselves out there to challenge the existing status quo. This is our time. What are you gong to do? The Bud folks put it out there. Now what are we going to do as far as follow up goes? We must support the organizations that are willing to make the change. I.e. Target stores now too. Let’s not forget there are still pockets of people in this country who still don’t believe black people should have any rights. Who wins? Them or us!

9. Bl3ssed1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I pay attention to a lot of stuff. The companies are only supporting LGBTQ+ for investment money. If you want to support those companies, buy some bud light, shop at target, etc. I don't care if someone wants to protest. I don't wine and cry about it. I don't change my shopping habits. Instead, I dig into why companies risk it. They know it's not popular with the straight folks. I must say, though, that bud light marketing chick pooped on their customer base. Probably not a good idea to say what she did about those rednecks and frat boys who were buying their beer. They might have lost money from customers, but Anheuser-Busch got a nice ESG score because of it, which led to more investor money. They didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart because they love the LGBTQ+ community; they did it for money.

10. Owin nowicki

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Still,it's funny these kinds of people have ram trucks (pro gay company) and usually switch to Coors lite (very pro gay and owned by the same company as Budweiser) after boycotting Budweiser.

11. Owin nowicki

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    shows how little research they really do.

12. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is the truth. Don’t believe any company really cares about you as an individual or you as part of whatever community you subscribe to. The only thing Bud Light care about is Bud Light sales, Bud Light share price, Bud Light executive bonuses, investors being willing to lend to Bud Light.

If you want to support them for using a trans person in their advertising, the best thing you can do is buy their beer. A lot of people have stopped buying it because they don’t care to see their beer brand associated with a lifestyle that they disagree with (and that probably stems more from their misunderstanding and the media riling everyone up than it does from any ‘hate’ they have for anyone).