1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Up & Getting Back Together

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by squally89, Jul 22, 2013.

1. squally89

Hi Friends,

I am currently struggling with the feelings of determination in my relationship and wanting separation. Asking myself if there is anymore love in my heart or am I simply putting time hoping things would change. In this state of - grey. Breaking up and getting back together three to four times now (me breaking and him coming back. Every time it breaks it feels so much harder to get back again. It just seems that our relationship progressed so far, yet I self-engineered ways to paddle backwards

This has been my longest relationship - eight months. Is it okay to feel "indifferent" about being with someone? Is that normal? It doesn't mean I don't love him or anything, it just means I am not as crazy as I was before.

(Does this make sense? ><") Any comments or sharing similar experiences would help. Thanks

2. HeyAshley

people break up for reasons, normally if it doesn't work the first time - it isn't going to work the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th time. especially if this is a constant pattern and you're not giving the relationship room to breathe when that's obviously what it needs.

what you're going through is 100% normal, break it off and take your space. if you decide a few months down the road that you're ready to take another relationship seriously then go for it. but right now it sounds like you're just dating someone for the hell of it. and by the sounds of it, this definitely isn't going to work out in the long run.