1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brain Sabotage?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MootPoint, Oct 29, 2017.

1. MootPoint

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there! I'm new here - I'm a cis female and I'm pretty sure I'm gay.

I've only said it 3 times before, but there's this huge part of me that's so wrapped up in telling myself I'm not gay, trying to convince myself that I'll be missing out on so much by only dating the same gender as myself.

How do you stop this?

It's like my brain is trying to sabotage my happiness and I'm so sick of it. It's like, every time I think I'm gay my brain goes on full alert, blaring all these warnings and threats at me, telling me I can't be gay.

It's frustrating and basically means I have no peace of mind in regards to my sexuality.

Have you felt like this? If so, how have you dealt with it? Thank you in advance!

#1 MootPoint, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure I can really help as I’m at a similar stage where I still get little doubts pop in my head etc. May I ask how old you are and why you think you are gay? What are the doubts / questions that pop into your head? You can choose not to label yourself and go for a person that attracts you rather than the gender which leaves you open for possibilities with the opposite gender?