1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bra shopping w/ friends, MtF. don't pass

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CooPo, Nov 17, 2018.

1. CooPo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was on this site a few months back questioning my gender, and now I'm back, pretty sure confirmed I'm MtF. but now I'm at another roadblock, it's quite difficult to transition in my household and town.

So, a couple friends of mine want to take me bra shopping to help me out, like a Christmas present, I'm really excited for it except, I still look very, masculine, (the best I've got is longish hair, but like, fringe to one side, I dunno, if I feel like it ill link photos when I wash it tonight). I don't have any feminine clothing, makeup etc, best I can think of is wearing a hoodie to just, look as blank (androgynous?) as possible. I want to/feel like I have to look feminine, because, male, in the bra section? buying bras? You get the idea.
    So, are there any tips on what to do? Anything to buy or wear before the time comes around? I was planning to stay at one of their places overnight, to get as much help to present feminine before we go. So if there's anything I could bring up, or something, I dunno, I'd appreciate.
    (Any tips on bras too would be great, still flat, no HRT, so, that'll be fun)

TLDR, how to pass and buy bras, but not out to the family. help?

This is like, a trial run for me, have a feel of what its like to present as a female in public, whether I like it or not, or if I'll get any negative reactions.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're going out with female friends, people might just assume one of them is your girlfriend. If you are worried about buying the bra, you can always measure your chest and give those measurements to your friends so they know what size to get you, if that makes you more comfortable. Here's a measurement chart/size guide if it helps.

If your friends have makeup or hair clips or feminine clothes for you to try/borrow you could always see if that makes you look more feminine before you go out.

3. CooPo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Both of them are MUCH shorter than me, so I don't expect them to have anything that'll fit. But i'll look into it.