1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend moving in

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Confused54, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Confused54

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After about 4 months of dating, my boyfriend is moving in. Since we're both "used husbands," out of the closet in the last year, and fairly recently divorced we have a lot in common (plus many shared interests). The time seems right. It's just so nice to wake up next to him, to snuggle, to share the very physical part of our relationship.

So our household will go from two to three: me, my ex-wife, and my boyfriend. Amazingly, my ex-wife is OK with this arrangement. She likes BF and we all seem to get along. My ex- and I are also still business partners, so on a daily basis not a lot changed after I came out and we divorced (except for the sex part, which is the root of all this change).

We're not sure how this is all going to play out in the coming months and years, but we're open to and committed to making this somewhat unusual arrangement work. We've worked out the money part (we'll share household expenses 3 ways) and are working on how all the household and garden chores will get divvied up.

A year ago, when I'd just come out, I never imagined that I'd be at this point in a new relationship. It feels good and it feels right. Thanks to those on this forum who helped me along this journey with your comments. My handle may still be confused 54, but I'm no longer confused.

Manipular and ShortButSweet like this.
  2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. :slight_smile:

3. YeahpIdk

Coooome and knock on our door!

4. ShortButSweet