1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boyfriend issues??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AlexWantsPocky, Aug 29, 2015.

1. AlexWantsPocky

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) How do i come out genderfluid to my boyfriend?
    2) He hardly ever sees me but always says he wants to. Should i believe him?
    3) We hardly txt, i understand that he works but after work he doesnt hardly txt me but always says how he misses me and loves me.

Should i listen and believe him? Or should i get on him about never seeing me?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Do you know what he thinks about gender identity in general? Is he supportive of trans rights and other gender identities? If so, how should be whatever you're most comfortable with. If you're not sure, then I think the first step would be having a conversation about gender and genderfluidity in general.

2. This is impossible for me to say. Does he have a lot on his plate in the way of school, sports, work, etc? Does he seem to always be busy or is he only busy when you want to meet up? Is he having trouble making time to see you because he's in the closet and is afraid that it might be suspicious? Is this a new happening in your relationship or has it always been this way?

3. He could just be terrible at texting. You could ask him about it or you could try phone calls instead.

I don't think you should "get on him" so much as talk through it. Explain your concerns and how it makes you feel. If you're the one always proposing plans to meet up, tell him that you feel like you're the only one making an effort in the relationship.