1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy becomes father at 13

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Helen, Feb 14, 2009.

1. littledinosaurs

I feel kind bad for them but i hope its what they want.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  3. Dazed

Dazed Guest

4. Ben

Ben

I really think they should take this story out of the public eye and sort it out within the families involved. It's bit messed up and all this information coming out about the girl's sex life is really not going to do her any good. She is 15, a mother and now not knowing who the father is. And this is a baby who needs a proper upbringing. How would he feel growing up and seeing all of these things being written about his family? I know I wouldn't exactly be proud of it. :\

5. riddlerno1

Theres actually controversy as a couple of other 'boys' 14 and 16 have said they slept with the girl too. so they dont actually know who the father could be.

6. EM68

I think its all a PR stunt.

7. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm not even 15 yet and I know not to open my legs to any guy that comes (no pun intended) along, ESPECIALLY with a boy 2 years younger than me!!! People wouldn't make a deal of it if it was the girl who was 13 and the boy that was 15, because girls are 2 years more mature than guys. I don't understand how they started going out in the first place... it just seems weird.....

8. Urman

Urman Guest

wow im flabbergasted

9. sparkyboyM

there are plenty of 13 year olds in my class...who are so much smarter than that!
    seriously though, i know someone who's about 6ft tall with an amazingly deep voice who is sexually active, but at least everyone i know knows the meaning of the words 'safe sex'...
    he looked about 8, i'm small for my age but apparently he was only 4 ft, and in an interview he asked what 'financially' was. this does not make a good parent.
    i thought that was taught at about 12-13 in England! this is sick.
    And apart from that his 'girlfriend' who bloody should have known better even if he didn't, looked about 20!

10. Kryz

I am wondering if this is even possible....

I mean he was 12, he might already have ejaculations, but was his sperm even functional?
    The very first rows of spermatozoa are not that fertile...

And the girl was promiscuous....

WTF, just WTF.

11. Meropspusillus

Faith in humanity...draining.

12. Nitro

13. Just Adam

i think alfie deserves restitutions/compensation for this trauma hes suffered hes been nationally humiliated and even been the slurs of the govt saying 'awful' about what he believed to be his child and the situation, this boy believed he was a farther and no matter the age if your capable to show the loving instinct for a child like he did you deserve support and a level of respect not ridicule. the papers turned it into a circus i cant imagin the level of public abuse he must have suffered. all that to then find out ... oh you been through all this for nothing ... this child youve loved isnt yours.....its horrid and if she held this info of the other guy well im just glad hes out of it and can try to move as traunatic as it is. but i believe the media need to pay as its the only thing they understand and the govt needs to say a heartfelt appology to him :frowning2:

i just hope he can move on with his life now

14. Mr Bojangles

Yet more quality journalism from the Sun.

But yes, makes me wonder what is going on in Britain. MP's are robbing bastards and our youth are eloping. I know I sound like some Guardian-Reading old bastard, but it's the truth. How is this physically even going to work. I actually need to think about an opinion, but I guess i'm bemused by it.

On the other hand, this being tabloid fodder, means the poor boy is going to be harassed for the rest of his days and will probably be found age 16 with a noose around his neck, 'cos he's tired of being made out to be some kind of heathen.

15. xequar

You know, yeah, sure, it's early. But I'm not going to bag on these people. Stuff like this has been going on forever.

Consider-I turned 27 back in November. My mom's 45th birthday was last week. That means my mom was pregnant at age 16. She actually had to drop out of high school to have me, and then she went back and finished two years later than she otherwise would have. Yeah it happens, but as long as others support instead of condemn, it can work out just fine.

16. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally agree that we shouldnt be judgemental, we should be finding methods to reduce it from happening. Unfortunately being pregnant at 16 is never ideal, for the mother and the child. In Britain there are some 16 year old girls who go out and get pregnant intentionally to get a council house. That to me does not make a good parent. Your mother was obviously a smart lady and realised that her education was also important. But sadly there are some people who think differently especially in this country where some people would rather get benefits than get a job....or in this case, get pregnant, get a free house...let the tax payer fund everything. I think the tax payer's money would be better spent funding improved sex education in schools and greater access to family planning clinics.

17. Totoro

I'm quickly losing hope for this generation... They all seem to be destroying themselves and their future (along with the supposed future of humans). The kid doesn't really know that having a kid will surely be a pain for the next few years (say good bye to education)
    Washing away such pessimism...

I believe this may have been caused by the lack of sex ed. given to children, even if it must have been better than way back when the older were younger.
    Parents play a vital role as well. The parents must not have been around much, as the children must have felt they could do anything, including such an act. Parents these days are working TOO hard, and perhaps they need to be there for their kids more often. Including to give them a little chat on the birds and the bees :3
    Sex ed. today doesn't seem to be that bad, actually, I find that it is pretty good, i am not sure how you can improve on the current system, as during my time through the partial course in school, it was pretty good, with videos (of many many things o.o)... and basically everything was covered. Hopefully it should be the same everywhere else, otherwise that country needs to invest into it!

18. kettleoffish

couldn't agree more Jrew, old bean.

I blame his parent's to be honest, they were the ones who sold the story left right and centre to the highest bidder, in this case, that well-renowned source of news - The Sun. As a loyal employee of a local newsagents (by loyal, I mean that I don't steal too many chocolate bars or cigarettes :icon_wink), I can assure any non-Brits that The Sun is one of the crappest papers available, and, without wanting to stereotype or prejudice, is read by some of the scummier varieties of our fine species.

Don't lose faith in our generation just yet, FallenOne, we're not all bad. Just.. you know.. the ones that go around impregnating people age 12 (I know Alfie's not the father, just saying..) etc, etc.

19. xequar

Don't lose hope over this. This kind of stuff has been happening forever, and it wasn't more than two or three generations ago that people generally were married by the time they were 20. Like I said, my parents were 16 and 19 when my mom got pregnant with me, and that was in 1981 (oh, and they weren't exactly married, either). Teen parents aren't exactly something new.

The trick is that parents have to actually parent their children, which helps prevent stuff like this. But then, if it does happen, parents and family need to support the newly-minted young parents. That's the only way they can succeed, and that's how my parents succeeded. They bucked down and worked hard and my grandparents helped, not preached and lectured.

#60 xequar, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009