1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body shape issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by saltprince, Dec 24, 2013.

1. saltprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have issues regarding my body, as the title kind of gives away. I've always loved androgynous physiques, and the idea of a body that doesn't really lean towards either biological sex has always been appealing to me. However, even though a binder or a loose shirt can easily hide my chest, let's just say that my hips don't lie. For all that I'm not overweight, what pounds I do have tend to gravitate towards my butt and hips. Some days I don't mind. Some days I can hide it well. More and more, however, I really hate it.

Actually, it's been worse lately. I'm gonna leave a trigger warning right here actually if sexual harassment and stalking is something that can set you off, but recently I had actually dealt with a man that had stalked me online and had even attempted to find out where I live. He's still out there since trying to effectively stomp out cyber harassment is kind of like trying to put out a burning building with gasoline, so I've resulted in hiding my online presence as much as I can. Anyway, I would constantly get really creepy messages, and some of them focused on, shall we say, my unwelcome assets.

I know, so what, he's just a weirdo, and the world is filled with creepy people. But it also made my body something more than just a thing I quietly hated on occasion. Because of this body I'll never be nothing more than some bottom-heavy woman for gross dudes like my stalker to perv on, even if I do decide to dress as masculine as possible. Because who cares about my actual gender identity?

Anyway, I know I'm not overweight, and I'm not going to go into any unhealthy territory to alter my body. I can't change my bone structure, but is there anything that could possibly tweak my body shape into a little less of a pear and into something more androgynous? Maybe a certain work-out regimen?

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I'm approaching this from the opposite angle as I'm a guy who is very androgynous. I would say clothes are your best friend in this situation. Wearing something not as form fitting is probably the easiest solution. Beyond that, yeah I suppose you could do a lot of working out to build up some areas of muscle or reduce fat and get a more boyish body.

I think if you haven't already you might want to talk with a professional about body image issues. I know what you are going through. I have a hard time looking androgynous knowing that I am still somewhat masculine. Maybe even too much for me. So talking about it with someone more qualified might help.

That sucks about someone stalking you. That is never cool. :icon_sad:

3. saltprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, it's the reason why I wear a lot of loose shirts. I just don't like the look of loose-fit jeans either. I always look kind of stout in them. I have started working out, but I honestly know next-to-nothing about muscle building.

And yeah, the stalker is... ugh.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have anything to go on to report to police? Or to the administration of the website you frequent? That's where I would start. Look into cyber stalking laws in your area.

Second, if you don't want skinny jeans but don't want baggy hip hop style, go for straight leg jeans for that medium look. A hoodie, flannel, vest or something else will help "flatten" out up there.

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Bulk up your shoulders. That should even out the proportions.

6. Caillin

you could always run and build more muscle in your legs since itll get rid of thighs.

7. A tip I recently got was to not pull your trousers over your hips and leave them just beneath. :slight_smile:

8. saltprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Kasey: I haven't considered straight leg jeans. That might work.

@Caillin: The thing is, I run regularly. So far, it hasn't done much of anything.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've never heard that before- how's that supposed to work? Anything to rid myself of these curves :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. I saw it here: Joey's "How to look Like a Guy" - YouTube :slight_smile: