1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mr.Pushover, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Mr.Pushover

Okay, so this is like the third thread I made here, but mehh..

I've had major body issues in my life, and my problems started when I was 11 and they still continue on.

Over the summer, I turned 15 and at the beginning of summer, I weighed about 165, and then in mid to late July I got really sick and I shed 11 pounds, so I was like "Hey I think I'll just keep losing weight" So I did, I barely ate anything except for a small frozen meal and dinner. Then, I got more conscious about my health and started counting calories, trying to get enough in, but not too much, and I started exercising!

Lucky me kept counting calories and lost more and more weight and before I knew it, the lowest I went to, came up to be about 141. So I was very happy, (kinda). Late October, I pretty much stopped counting calories, considering that I was growing and that it was okay that I ate like I did! Yeah so couple weeks went by, til now, where I feel like I've been putting on some weight, and it's driving me off the walls!!

The thing with me is, not a day goes by where I don't notice something wrong with my body, I try everything, I exercise plenty, as my exercise routine consists of: Every morning I run a mile, Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, I go to the gym and work out for little more than an hour, Tuesdays and Thursdays, I ride my bike about 5 miles, may sometimes run an extra mile or 2. Every night, I do an ab workout, M,W,F I do a leg workout too, T, Th I do an arms workout. On the weekends, I do the ab workout, and I run 2 or 3 miles, and Saturdays I have swimming.

I'm really getting worried with:
    - The fact that I'm starting to gain weight
    - The fact that I'm so over worried by all of this

I hope this is the right section of the forums for this? This could also be help and support, but I guess health and wellbeing fit more..

I know I'm not the only one who has problems with their body, so this could be like advice as well...

2. Fargo

Fargo Guest

It's very possible that the weight you are gaining is muscle growth =)

3. BasketCase

I think getting an accurate reading of your % body fat would be a good idea. As Fargo states, it could well be muscle, its not always about losing weight but how you carry it.

Keep up with the exercise and try not to be discouraged.

4. Mr.Pushover

^Thanks^ I have trouble figuring out whether it is muscle growth, and I'm not sure when or where to get body fat % taken

5. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Your GP can refer you or do it possibly. Also a side note: BMI is not a completely accurate form of measurement. Someone could be very toned and short, and if their BMI > 30, they are considered obese.

6. KaraBulut

From your post, it's not clear what you goals are. Are you working out for fitness, to put on muscle or are you trying to lose weight?

7. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Frozen dinner and ready made meals are sooooo bad for you, the have so much salt in them that when you stop exercising you don't sweat it out and it cause you to bloat up ,but that aside you were proably gaining muscle weight too. Once your at a place you like you should only need to work out like 2 - 3 times a week to maintain, just be careful not eat too much junk, low carbs and processed sugar.

8. Mr.Pushover

I guess all three, in a way.

9. deep edward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How tall are you? And yeah, you could be putting on muscle if you're doing that much exercise. Also, you're only 15 - your body is going through a lot of changes, and lots of weird things are probably happening. :slight_smile: So try not to worry about that; just make sure you're eating healthy - a TV dinner and one other meal doesn't sound like anywhere near enough food, especially for a 15-year old, and especially if you're exercising that much.

It doesn't sound like you're overweight, unless you're 5 feet tall. :slight_smile:

10. Darkwing65

11. Mr.Pushover

Thanks, I checked my BMI, it's at 21.9 so it's healthy..
    I've joined the track team now and I'm gonna have to consume more calories, according to my parents, since we have to run 3 and a half miles every day Mon-Fri
    Yay strained legs!!