1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Friday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jerr, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Choucho

2. Jerr

Dead.

Finally got to escape.

Too...tired...

3. Nodnarb

I hate shopping in the first place, so there is no way I was going out today.

One of my friends camped out in front of a store, and got himself on the front page of a local newspaper. All I could do was laugh and shake my head when I saw the paper. And it was fairly cold last night. Can't imagine that would have been fun...

My cousin went up to Nebraska Furniture Mart(the largest furniture/electronics store in America), and had to wait over an hour to travel one or two miles from the Interstate to the store. When she finally got there, they had sold out of everything she had gone there to buy:lol:

4. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah i work at tommy hilfigher and i worked from 11 thanksgiving night til 9 the next morniing. then they called me later on friday and called and asked if i could help close. i did cuz i'm a good employee lol. so that day i worked.......16 hours lol.

5. GuitarGirl1350

I went to work. Yay?
    Luckily I don't work retail, or I'd have hid under a fucking rock. I hate fucking crowds.

6. Keiss

Austin, Texas / Charlotte, North Carolina
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I work as a server at a Steak n Shake across the street from an outlet mall. It was crazy. They called me in early, and I stayed later. The good news is, I made a load of money.

7. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

your lucky. i even caught one man stealing. I say it was insanity.

8. Markio

I got this great orange T-shirt from Target for only $3.48! It's a dark orange color that doesn't clash with my skin tone, and it's the opposite color of light blue so when I wear it with jeans my clothes really complement each other! Wearing orange when meeting new people makes you more approachable, too.

9. Jerr

I would have done that in a heart beat...

Being able to get a solid break.... GAH would have loved it but they only allowed two 30 minute breaks which they cut SHORT........ bastards.....

I told them I'd have opened at 4:30 and worked until like 12:30 then come back at 4 to go till 11 but NOOOO couldn't give me time to... NOT DIE.... I was soo delirious.

A friend at worked kicked the bottom of my foot while I was walking. If you do this right, it is funny, if you do it wrong... it hurts and then the person is mad.

She did it right..... I collapsed. I'd say I fell but I just collapsed straight down. It didn't throw off my balance but I was so ready to DIE from shear boredom/tiredness that I couldn't even hold myself up for that time....

I enjoyed the hard core rush. Even if I only sold about 8k worth of merchandise.... I still loved it... once it slowed to a stop I couldn't think. Things were funny... I fell a LOT.... just delirious.

Have to say, I enjoyed it but I'd prefer a split shift... even if it only let me get 2-4 hours of no work before returning to work for another long shift.

10. Tim

Tim

ugh, Retail and Black Friday... sister works at The Avenue... lol, she had to leave at 3 AM... >_>

The mall here had record sales this year, lol.

11. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah my register sold so much.

12. Jerr

This is bad but me and 3 other friends sat in her bedroom and talked about evil evil customers until 6 am...

No lie... it didn't feel like we were there that long but it was 6:30 before I went home. So much fun.

Great great stories.