1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Eye remedies

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Thatoneguy, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does anyone know how to speed up the recovery from a black eye?

It happened on saturday, and I am visiting my person on the weekend so I'd like for it to be as gone as possible when I see them.

They know it happened, and we've skyped but its just not pleasant to look at so any help would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. Xander27

What I've done is if the worst part is under/ around the eye vs the eye itself, lightly massaging the area and using a warm towel can help, because the bruising is caused by blood being in the area and will go away when the blood is no longer pooled under the skin. But mostly it just takes time.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a few, and the main thing I've noted is that it just takes time. Putting ice/something cold on it right away/shortly after helps, though after that, I think drinking plenty of water, eating well and rest help the most. They can take from 7 days to 2 weeks to totally go away, depending.

But if you have a week, and it's mostly gone, you might consider looking into some sort of make-up/foundation/concealer to help the appearance; I borrowed some from a housemate, once.

What I hate about them is when everyone asks how it happened. I've found that 'I can't remember' isn't the best explanation!

#3 HuskyPup, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont know if it's safe to be applied around the eye area. But i used Heparin cream to reduce swelling and speed up healing for bruises in forehead, cheek, jaw or other parts of body. But i never actally try to apply it around the eye either to myself or a patient.