1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual guide?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by searchin, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Nickw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The only thing I have learned for certain about bisexuals is that every bisexual is a little different. So, a guide would be pretty hard to write.

As far as expressing your queer side. That's a tough one that I have struggled with. Because it involves a commitment to being queer or gay in my experience. What I had to do was live as a gay man for a bit. In my case about a month because I was trying to balance that with being married. I hung out with gay men, had some gay intimacy, did the Pride thing etc. It was still not full on gay because I wasn't "out".

Now, I set aside a couple days a month to be "gay". I do have gay friends I am occasionally intimate with to nurture the sexual side. That's easier than trying to integrate the non-sexual parts of my same sex attractions in a meaningful way. But, I try and let my attractions to men integrate with my daily thoughts and activities. When I see a hot guy I don't now think..."hey I better put on my gay vibe" I used to do that. I just let it roll with whatever else is happening just like a would an attractive woman.

Having hetero relationships and integrating your "queer side" is really tough. Because your partner needs to be on board with it and that can be a lot to ask. So, there is a lot of reassuring and extra attention that needs to be provided.

Lucky in Life likes this.
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This book is quite old, but still has a lot of good info in it. It was assembled and edited by a friend of mine from college, and his viewpoint can be really helpful in navigating bisexuality.

3. searchin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hm cool