1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigender, trans, demiboy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by nightowl88, Aug 15, 2016.

1. nightowl88

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am AFAB and for a couple months have been slowly starting to identify more as a trans guy. I am full of doubts though and keep thinking maybe I'm bigender agender and not actually trans. I like being viewed as male looking male I express myself very masculine. I was almost all boy clothes and have a boy haircut. I love the idea of starting to use male pronouns and a more masculine name. I have a lot of dysphoria relating to my chest and even when I am binding I feel like everyone can see that I have a large chest though u make sure I wear clothes where it's not visible. I also hate the idea of expressing really feminine and am currently segueing my mom to not make me wear a dress to her wedding next May.
    I have a lot of doubt because I don't have any bottom dysphoria and actually am completely fine not having a penis. I also don't mind using female pronouns though I prefer male pronouns. Around some people I also feel very feminine. I also don't want to fully transition and I like the idea of taking testosterone for some things but I don't want to have to worry about shaving my face and I don't feel the need to have a low pitched voice. Some days I worry that my chest dysphoria is less related to gender and more to how I know some people like to stare at girls chests or how they get in my way a lot and make it uncomfortable to do somethings. At the moment I'm trying to figure out if I am bigender leaning towards the male side or if I am trans. And I can say I have a lot longer list of how I feel male than I feel female.

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to your thread except for some parts.

It's really up to you on choosing the good label. You could also not choose a label and just be like "well I'm myself". It's not like every trans man has dysphoria. Some are actually okay with the body they have. Choose the label you feel most comfortable with.

Good luck ^^

3. lostboy73

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm trans and I don't have very much dysphoria, but that doesn't make me any less trans or sure of myself, you know?

4. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, bigender is included under the trans umbrella. And, like other's have already said: you don't need dysphoria to be trans (or bigender). Ultimately, having labels is really only useful for yourself. There are ones that have been made by people to describe themselves that other people have identified enough with to also use for themselves but language isn't perfect. Most people aren't going to fit neatly into one category, if you feel like you could be bigender but also a trans guy why not call yourself a bigender trans guy? Nothing wrong with using a couple more words. Why pick one?

5. Delta

If you're any of those things, you're "actually trans". Trans doesn't mean binary to binary, it just means that you aren't the gender you were assigned when you were new. Part of it is figuring out what you want and matching the labels to your life, instead of trying to force fit your life to the labels.

You don't need to plan it all out in advance either. It's not going to be a simple twist-free path no matter what you do, so it's alright if plans on things like starting T or getting top surgery are hazy or flip-flop. It can stay safely in that position for as long as it takes to figure out what you need. If you have an idea of what direction you want to go, you're already ahead of many many people.