1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Places To Hide Clothes? (Living @ Home)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Snidi, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Snidi

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi all,

I am looking for really good places to hide my clothes as a crossdresser, as I'm not out to family. Any recommendations? I have 15 items or so.

2. Raisinsss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do people go through your things? If so, I'm very sorry. When I was still in the closet, a long, long time ago, I hid any feminine articles of clothing between my mattress and my bed frame. It worked out well enough.
    If you can though, I recommend coming out, but I understand that might not be practical.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depending on where you live and how heavy the things are - Ceilings with those foam tiles can be so convenient to hide stuff (typically found in basements). My dad hid Halloween candy up there for years LOL. Is a pain to get to though. "Captain-style"(?) beds can be good to store stuff under as well. Basically the more of a pain is to get to, the safer.

#3 HM03, Dec 31, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends on several factors. What sort of places are there at all where you live to hide things, how often your stuff is gone through and how thoroughly and how much danger you would be in if it were discovered.

If you would be risking homelessness or being abusively treated if found out I do not recommend having anything where it could be discovered at all. This also means not just clothing and/or makeup but also any sort of diary including finding a way to make absolutely certain that no one can get access even to your account here and read this. If you have a friend who you trust with your actual life you could keep stuff there, be very careful trusting anyone though if you are in real danger.

If there would be less danger if found out then finding some place in the house where no one checks. With built in cabinets or some furniture you can hide things by pulling the drawers entirely out and then tucking things underneath. Basically the harder it is to get to whatever you are hiding the lower the chances of it being found. In a high cupboard that takes a chair or stepstool to get to and then hiding behind something in it. Under my mattress would never have been safe as my mother insisted on being the one who changed sheets so she had access to that area.

Basically the only things that I had while living with my parents were things that I used openly. Earrings, nail polish and light makeup. I did not fully dress (other than sneaking my mothers clothes while everyone was gone) until I had a place of my own and a job and I came out shortly after that.

LostInDaydreams likes this.
  5. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Snidi,

Do you have your own car? I live at home, but I’m the only person with keys or access to my car. It’s not an ideal solution, but might work for now.

Otherwise, as @QuietPeace suggests, anywhere that other people won’t look. Do you have your own room? Do you clean it, change the bedding, etc.? Again, I live at home, but nobody would ever go through my wardrobe or drawers or look under my bed. I do all the cleaning, etc. for my room though, so nobody else has a need to be in there.

Would any of the ideas suggested here work?