1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Lube/Condoms for 1st Time Bottom

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Mlh88, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Mlh88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

So I’ve been chatting with a guy online I really like, and we’ve decided to meet this weekend for fun, it’ll be the first time I’ve ever been with a guy in any capacity, I’ll be bottoming.

I’m really excited but trying to figure out what’s best as far as lube goes (or condom suggestions too).

The condoms I’ve purchased are extra thick and extra lubricated, of course I want to use more lube on top of that too. Typically with my toys I just use water based lube (since I can’t use silicone with the toys), but should I get some silicone based lube for bottoming? Would that make the experience more comfortable for me (I don’t have any discomfort using the water based lube with my toys, but I also know a toy and a man are very different haha).

For future condom purchases, are there types/brands you recommend that would increase both mine and his pleasure?

Thanks for any and all advice!

OldQueer likes this.
  2. Vintage gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use a water-based lube specifically designed for anal that I bought online. Water-based is much easier to clean up afterward and doesn't stain bedding or clothes. I actually find a hard, erect, penis more comfortable than most toys. I had my first time lying on my side with the top leg bent at the knee. It seemed more comfortable that way. Good luck, relax, and enjoy.

3. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also use a water based lube and agree with @Vintage gay, the real thing is much more comfortable, I especially enjoy the warmth. As you're already experienced with toys, you shouldn't have any trouble but remember to listen to your body. If something is uncomfortable or hurts, don't be afraid to speak out so that you both can adjust. In my early experiences, I found just stopping all movement, resting with everything still in position for a few moments and then slowly resuming helped. I hope you have a great time!

4. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pjur Woman lube is good stuff - silicone based so lasts really well. Water-based lubes are 'drying', I'm not sure if this is a problem for guys but it can be for women doing it the conventional way.

OldQueer likes this.
  5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About lube, generally speaking, water based lube is better since it presents less risk of breaking a condom.

OldQueer and Mlh88 like this.
  6. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I forgot about that. I’m not a condom expert but can you get ones that handle silicone based lubes?

OldQueer likes this.
  7. Mlh88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for all the advice everyone, I have a pretty slick water based lube now I’ve been using with my toys that feels good so I assume it’ll lube him up very well too. I really enjoy the toys so saying that a man is even more comfortable, I’m very much looking forward to that. Any other lube/condom suggestions, feel free to add, or even any suggestions about the first time is awesome too (never even kissed a guy or performed oral, but he’s aware of this and says he enjoys guiding and teaching so should be a lot of fun).

OldQueer likes this.
  8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The main thing is to avoid oil based with condoms, but it sounds like you know that. Silicone is best but not necessary if you only have water based.

#8 QueerTransEnby, Jan 21, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
  9. Mlh88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all, just an update, met with the guy and used water based lube as everyone suggested, it worked great and the experience was incredible. I appreciate everyone who provided insight.

BiCavalier and tearingtherose like this.
  10. tearingtherose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so pleased you had a great time @Mlh88 , and I suspect it'll be the first of many!

Mlh88 likes this.