1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belated Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GayTurtle, Apr 17, 2019.

1. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I realized that I'd posted here a couple times already without saying hello! How rude. So hello there. I'm a physicist in my mid-20s, Have probably known that I was queer for about 10 years now, and am still closeted. These things have been causing me to lose a lot of sleep recently, but I'm very glad I found this forum, hopefully it can prompt me to hurry up and figure this stuff out!
    :nerd:

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and welcome to Empty Closets! Please feel free to get in touch with any of the staff members on here in case you have any questions or need any help at all. :slight_smile:

That said, I'm so glad that you're trying to figure yourself out. Lots of people realize that they're queer and part of the LGBT spectrum early, myself included, but don't have the confidence, supportive environment to totally realize and accept that. That's why sometimes it takes time. I for one wasn't entirely comfortable with myself and ready to come out to people IRL until I was 27. I definitely have supportive friends to thank for that.

Perhaps you can explore if there are any nice LGBT community circles or groups in your area? You can definitely post on EC, tell us anything you want to and members to offer advice and read your posts. It's a start! :slight_smile:

3. GayTurtle

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are, and I definitely should make use of them, but to be honest, coming out to strangers in real-life (even if LGBT) fills me with nearly as much fear as coming out to anyone else, so that's going to have to wait a bit. :slight_smile:

4. Emmareld

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Belated hello, and belated welcome to you. lol.

I think just move at your pace, it may take some time until you are fully comfortable coming out to the people around you.