1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Ignored

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovewine, Jul 28, 2019.

1. lovewine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was friends with this girl and we were flirting, but when we finally hung out, I told her we should just be friends. However, I eventually realized that I like her more than a friend since we've been talking everyday for months. I realized it too late cause she already was starting to date someone and I was also just starting to see someone, but I wanted to give it a try with her and was choosing her over the other person. My friend said she wanted to try with the person she's seeing so I let her be, so we were trying to stay friends and she's still very responsive with my flirts. I told her again how I feel about her, but she suddenly just stopped replying and started avoiding me. I didn't push it, so I also stopped messaging. Are her actions from anger? Or it's because she's decided to commit to the other person already? I'm in the dark as to what the status of our friendship is.

2. Delphine

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you have your answer here... she probably felt guilty about the flirting or her girlfriend found out about it so she decided to distance herself from you... It will be hard to maintain a friendship right now since you're interested in more. You should probably try to move on so that you can avoid getting hurt. Just my two cents :slight_smile:

lovewine and Sepina like this.
  3. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably not anger. She wants to see how things go with this other person, so she can't divide her attention right now.

I started dating a guy last month, and as things were going quite well, I decided to not meet up with my other friends, and I also told another guy who was interested in me that I was dating someone so won't be available.

This wasn't because I was angry with anyone. I avoided going out with my friends because I wanted to save my money for dates and didn't want to tire myself with nights out during the week, so you could say I was saving my energy for the guy I was dating! And I didn't want to go on dates with the other guy who liked me, because it felt like I would be messing around behind my date's back, so I just made myself unavailable to other people while I was exploring a potential romance.

She probably just wants a bit of space.

lovewine likes this.