1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being friends with someone that isn't compatible after confessing.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Josh219, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Josh219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Basically what the title say,

GothMoth likes this.
  2. Josh219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so back story is, i have been friends with him (he is straight) for 5 years since the start of high school. Started developing feelings for him throughout the years and i told him that i had feelings for him when high school ended. He started avoiding me and since we went to different universities, we started drifting apart. (we also had a fight during this time too) Its been 2 years now since we both left high school and just the other day we ran into each other. We caught up with each other and he said we should be friends again. Now i'm hesitant to be friends again, because i'm not sure if i'm over him yet. i'm worried that if i'm not over him, and we start hanging out again. I might fall for him again.

3. Josh219

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm conflicted if i should become friends again.

4. malinconia

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say you could possibly build a friendship with him again just be aware of your feelings towards him now and really analyze them if you do decide to rekindle a friendship with him. If you realize that you do still have romantic feelings for him then maybe don't become friends again. Though if you're sure those feelings are gone I don't see how a friendship with him could be harmful.

5. Maddox232003

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well just build the friendship but try to keep your emotions in check, since the last time didn't went well. It would still be the same again this time if he doesn't have any feelings for you. But however, now he asks to be your friend maybe he regret being angry at you for just having feelings for him. But yeah, Friend yes. but relationship? No, unless he get really close to you or sth. Or TRIES to show signs.