1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Bi or Lesbian is now 'trendy' and 'cool' among teen girls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by grungeteen, Sep 4, 2015.

1. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kissing girls, making out with them in front of guys? annoying as hell, but it happens a lot. I haven't heard being a bisexual or lesbian is trendy where I live.

#21 MyLittleWorld, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. bidemi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    well,maybe being a bi or les is trendy in the western world.
    IN MY OWN COUNTRY ITS DEFINATELY NOT.INFACT IF U'RE CAUGHT ITS 14yrs IN JAIL.

BUT I THINK IN PLACES MORE ACCEPTING OF GAYS,SOME TEEN GIRLS FAKE IT SO AS TO BE SEEN AS TRENDY.

#22 bidemi, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  3. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have no idea how annoying this can be. :dry: I knew a girl who was all like "Ew I hate gay people" and then she sent around rather suggestive pictures of her making out with a girl. People are hypocrites.

I also notice the whole trend of the G.B.F (gay best friend) is fairly common as well. I was on an online forum/area/virtual world website once where this girl was saying how she really wanted a gay friend, and I was sat on this virtual beach/docking area just chilling and I could see her talking to this guy who was gay and she was all like "yay! A shopping buddy! We can be like totally best friends and stuff!". Then out of nowhere, she called out my username and was all like "Oi! (my username) you fa:***::***:astonished:t! You're not allowed in this room! GET OUT! YOU FA:***::***:OT! I almost felt like turning around and saying to her "then why is he allowed to stay and not me? Isn't that kinda hypocritical?" but I didn't I just left the room instead. :dry:

But yeah, I'm going off the topic here. :icon_redf I'm hoping this trend will die out when it isn't seen as a taboo anymore and isn't seen as "edgy" or "cool" because it gives people who are actually gay or bi a bad name. It's just annoying. :tantrum:

4. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That's what infuriated me the most about my mother. She has a "token gay bestie" but oh no it's all disowning and convents and hellfire if I was a lesbian.

It's like you do realize what you're doing here right. Right?

5. zgirl81

This is exactly why I stayed in the closet as long as I did. I didn't want to be a "fake" bisexual. That stigma of being bi as being an attention seeker led me to deny my feelings for women to the point that I actively searched for a MAN to marry... I thought that being in a heterosexual marriage would "cure" me of my "thing" for women. Thankfully I ended up in a great relationship with the best guy I could ever ask for. I lucked out in a major way. That repression could have really screwed up my life! I denied who I am because of people in my growing up years that dismissed being bi as being an "attention whore". :bang:

The hardest part of this is that unlike others, I cannot quantify my attractions. My life is lived in a gray area. Life is so much easier when your choices are only black and white. It's taken years to be ok with the fact that I'm just attracted to whoever I'm attracted to, that it's ok not to have a type, and that I'm not "sowing wild oats". I'm ALWAYS wondering "what if I'm wrong? What do I do if someone doesn't believe me?"

I can't dismiss someone if they say they're bi. Even if I might think they're doing it for attention. I can't force someone to debate making the same choices I've made because of a stigma society created that isn't fair... and it really isn't my place to tell anyone that they're wrong about their sexuality.

6. lemons123

I think/suppose it's way more trendy in the "West" (western europe/north america) than say eastern europe. And it's not because "eastern europe is religious". Not at all, the Czech Republic for example is times less religious than America. It's complex...

It actually reminds me how years ago I made simple demographics of sexual orientation research via Mysapce search by orientation option. In Los Angeles 33%+ of the girls I remember were bi/les while in say Hungary the number was 8%. Four times differences can't be attributed to randomness.

Long story short: If you're bi/les girl or a guy who likes bi girls: the west is a good place to live.

7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

People like attention, Lesbians and Gays, be it positive or negative, tend to get attention..

8. Gear2BQueer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not so trendy around here in my neck of the woods, but in more open minded places I could understand how aggravating it would be to see someone pretend they were bi or les to get attention. Also I do watch and somewhat enjoy "Faking It" even though it's kind of torturous.

9. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I have nothing against girl experimenting or searching themselves and deciding to label themselves 'bisexual' to later find out that they are straight. After all being bi involves kissing other chicks and all so I'd rather they do it under the bi label than the straight one (cause THAT piss me off to no end. If you are straight you don't kiss other chicks for 'fun'. Grrr !:bang: )
    I get annoyed though if they do it for the wrong reasons, like to turn on a guy or look cool.
    It mostly pisses me off because as a feminine bi-sexual girl (that happens to be into other femme women) I have to fight everyday for my sexuality to be recognized and taken as something other than a joke or a stunt to turn on guys and I am getting sick of guys undermining my sexuality because some 'straight' or 'fake-bi' chick happen to make out with another 'straight' friend of her in front of them every weekend and I don't happen to fit their definition of a 'lesbian' or the look that (for them) 'a woman that's into woman' should have.

I don't forget that it took me years to accept my bisexuality and that I used to believe I was straight while experimenting with chicks though, so I am tolerant. Plus I think I have enough maturity now and confidence in my sexuality not to really give a dime what a guy I have met once in a club think of me or my sexuality and whether he believes me or not when I tell him I am bisexual. It's just a bit annoying though to have people undermine your sexuality because of some people wanting to look cool and because some people aren't aware that lesbian/gay and bi people come in all shape and form and don't have to be 'butch' or overly feminine to fit the cut. But yeah... >.<

10. 11Kay

It isn't trendy in the slightest where I am. Right smack in the bible belt. I don't think anyone around here would want to pretend to be anything.

#30 11Kay, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  11. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my female friends is like this. She wants to be "cool" or "different" and like you put it, "edgy." She seeks attention by acting like she suffers from depression and OCD and heaven alone knows what else. And when I told her about my self harm, she immediately started telling me about how she used to stab herself in class, etc. OK, maybe she does suffer from a mental disorder, and maybe she did actually self-harm, but it just seems to me that she's telling people about it for attention. That's just in her nature. And she's also one of those people who would go around making out with girls to get attention from guys - and she's my age in case you were wondering...

When I was in High School, one of my friends "came out" as bisexual when I came out as bisexual. I'm not sure if she copied me, but it was just pretty obvious that she also wanted to be seen as "different" so shortly after I came out...

12. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish it were true, but to be honest, if it were, I wouldn't have been pestered by people calling me a lesbian, dyke or attention seeker.
    Teen girls, in my experience, see you as disgusting, or a threat if you're gay, like you might molest them or something :/ Maybe this is something that's more common in other countries, though. From my experience, in my tiny section of the globe, teen girls, while not as blatantly homophobic as the boys, still take great pleasure in making others feel bad for who they are

13. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I guess the only way to know for sure is to see how far they're willing to go. Someone probably wouldn't put themselves through the trouble of coming out, being disowned by their families, or spending years struggling with something, just for attention. I want to say those who really are might not be so open about it, or perhaps in a different way, sort of how you see more genuinely gay people coming out as bisexual first, while many actual bisexuals are more quiet about it?

Then again, I've heard of many former straight allies and such joking about being bi or gay, but later realizing they really were! They were drawn to certain scenes even before developing the self-awareness to realize their orientation.

I just hate the assumption that women can experiment and be considered straight, while for guys its more "once tainted..."

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please delete.

#34 gravechild, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015