1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been Around, Married, Came Out Last Week (Aug-6-2016)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Mattjstead, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone. I will make this brief and I can delve into many more details in other posts.
    But I will keep this focused on "Introduction."

My name is Matt. I am 27, married (5 years), and have a three-year-old son.
    After years of struggling (also battling Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Depression, etc which I have no doubt are linked) with the DEEP, DEEEEP down knowing I was Gay...I finally came out to my wife this past Saturday (Aug/6/2016).

Through tears, hands clasped, and even a few chuckles...I did it. Something I thought I would take to the grave.

What I did not expect? Not someone yelling, screaming, and throwing me out (How I prepped), but a support system that has continued growing. From her Mom/Step-Dad/Grandma, my friends, her friends....our friends.. From so many backgrounds.

Let me say, I know this is RARE...and as I get to know you all, although it IS out of the ordinary, in our relationship nothing has ever been "typical."

I have trolled secretly on this forum for a little over a year, but never found the "need" to sign up since there was "no reason."

Well,
    I am now here to offer my support, words, and hopefully encouragement (or an ear to listen...even hours).

I am blessed. And I know many will not find this situation...But I hope to be there for anyone that needs it. Because even across electronic devices "SUPPORT" transcends many levels.

All love, peace, and well-being.

MJay
    27/M/Texas

2. Stewie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great, I am as well blessed, as you say, with an understanding wife and some family and friends, it's good to hear of a few good coming out stories as so many on here are struggling so hard, with there personal situations. Welcome to EC (&&&)

3. mvp 447

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to the place, we appreciate you and will support you as you can support us all:slight_smile:

4. Mattjstead

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree. I am an empath to the extreme. The stories and feelings poured out here are heart wrenching at times...But I am so glad that the people are able to express those thoughts/feelings/etc in this place.

I have many times wanted to join in over the past year and a half I knew of the message board, but decided not to because I figured there was "no use." Part of me wishes I had...But, I am sure there is a reason I didn't.

I am glad to also meet another person in a similar supportive situation.
    Nice to meet you.
    MJay

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2016 at 11:33 AM ----------

Thank you. I am just glad that a place such as this exists. It helped me for over a year (although I never posted and had another username). I hope to be of some help...even comedic relief (I love making people laugh), or brining a smile.

All the best,
    In Love,
    MJay

5. Eab91

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats on coming out! you are very blessed to have such a supportive family, I am so happy for that! I was recently in your shoes about a month ago. I was in a hetero marriage and I came out to my husband as a lesbian. I didn't get the same support as you, we are getting a divorce and separating. It gives me hope hearing your story.

6. nbd

nbd

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    HI Matt and welcome!

Just wanted to say how wonderful it is to hear that you have had such great support from your wife and her family. It is rare indeed.

I've only so far told my husband that I'm questioning, and he had similarly been very accepting and open to discussion. Then again, we are a marriage of non neurotypicals...so it's nice to have that positive side effect to our quirkiness. Twisted sense of humor, ability to freely discuss spouse's sexual identity crisis...etc etc.

All the best to you!

7. Angellyoso

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's great to hear that you have a supportive family! We're glad to have you here! By all means, welcome! :slight_smile:

8. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: