Be Honest - Do you read others replies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Geek, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My attention span is really bad, so if the post is really long, I'll skim and go by the responses other people made.

2. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is depending on the thread. I only read threads that I may be able to relate to and reply, and look through the question posed and the first page. If I'm interested, I read through more, and possibly reply. I usually skim through all of the responses if I like the topic because people's different point of views are interesting.

3. Kat 5

I usually read all of them. I honestly am just looking to fight about something or find shared ideas.

4. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always read everyone's replies. I don't want to repeat what others have said and I'm interested in other people's thoughts. I will admit that if a post is really long I'll skim it.

5. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

This.

I don't always post anything in an interesting thread, usually because others have said whatever I would have added.

I'm also surprised at OPs who ask pointed or specific questions and never bother to say anything again. For a few answers or many, I'd at least say thanks for everyone's time and effort.

6. thepandaboss

I pretty much skim through most stuff if I plan on replying to it. It hasn't always been the case but I try to at least make sure I know what the heck's going on. If it's a really busy thread like WAYT and I haven't kept up on current posts I'll usually read the last page or two to see what's up. Debates, I read everything. Opinion/casual threads, I'll probably just read the last two posts.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's all over the map.

If the topic doesn't remote interest me, then I don't even open up the thread and if it really interests me, then I read practically all the posts and keep up with the thread's progress.

Some threads like "What are you thinking?" work great for ranting and raving but, if I have posted there, I have only read a few posts right above. Since I find "Saw a hot guy" to be a very funny thread where you have to supply the visual effects in a lot of cases and not many people post on it, I tend to read all the posts. The funny part is how people's interpretations of "hot" varies and that, as can be expected, people do have a type.

#27 Tightrope, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on the thread, really

9. GypsyButterfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I try to, but, it depends on the amount of time I have and/or how long the thread is. The only forum, that I usually check back on replies is, the one I'm a mod at. There's so many interesting discussions here, I wish I was able to get to all of them.

10. SocceRoo

If it's an interesting thread i'll read most of it. If it's not then I usually just read a few replies here and there (mostly the small ones) and reply. :slight_smile:

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I read them all, unless it's What Are You Thinking? or a really long Fun & Games thread. For those, I tend to read a page or two back. Though I've had people come to me and say, hey, go check out ___. It's almost like having your own KGB, LOL.

I'll admit, some individuals perk my interest more when they do respond, especially if it's a topic that encourages arguments discussion. Namely anything to do with civil liberties or morality intrigue me the most, but then again, I always enjoy seeing just where folks stand -- and how well they can justify their standings.

12. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I scan through most the time.. If it's a topic I feel would be good to read everything on then I will make the effort. I don't read mammoth paragraphs though.. Too lazy. I also kinda stalk people I find interesting on here's posts.. There's only really one and they barely come online anymore! I guess I think they're cute too.. But don't worry they think I am too so not a completely lost cause lmao!

I'm batshit crazy though so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if people didn't always read my replies :lol: