1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balance of "Right and Wrong"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterTinkles, May 2, 2015.

1. MisterTinkles

The scales of right and wrong have been heavily tilted on the "wrong" side.

I've been wondering WHY.

Why, all of a sudden (the past several years) has everything that is wrong in the world, seemed to have gotten 20 times worse? Isn't there supposed to be a balance of right and wrong in the world?

Nothing is ever going to be purrfect, and nothing is ever going to be 100% right with the world, but there has always been a balance somehow.

Even in the past, the balance has gotten out of whack (the World Wars), but then again, the scales seemed to have gotten rebalanced. Again, making me wonder WHY?

What is that one factor (or several factors) that rebalances the scales for such an extended period of time?
    Why is that one factor (or several ones) not kept in check at all times, in order to keep the world at a singularly tolerant level of peace?

I'm not a big history buff, so I don't know anything pre-World War, but for my time on this planet I think there were 3 factors involved in the balance of right and wrong on this planet.

Here is my theory:

Gandhi
    Mother Theresa
    Princess Diana

With the advent of worldwide technology, and the fact that people from one side of the globe could interact with the opposite side of the globe on a large scale, post World Wars...it seems that Gandhi's philosophies spread to the American continent, as factions of "peace not war" started rising up and came to a head in the 60's, with the Flower Children of the era. Gandhi seemed to have had this era covered, in being the balance between right and wrong, on a world scale.

Mother Theresa did not use her place in the religious sect to lie, cheat, steal, and abuse those who believed......she used her position to help those in need and spread the word of peace, love, and tolerance every where she went. Her era having a world wide following, regardless of whether you were religious or not. Her era also having the continuity as the non-stop flow of connection from Gandhi to Princess Diana.

Princess Diana, the last in the very short, very great, fine line of balance between right and wrong worldwide. Travelling the globe, presenting herself with grace, not arrogance, in spreading the words and wisdom of helping each other, peace, love, and understanding.

I think with the passing of Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and the murder (yes, murder) of Princess Diana...there is no balance left.

Three great people who literally had the entire world on their shoulders, whether they realized it or not.....keeping that extremely dangerous balancing act in line, between right and wrong.

With the passing of Princess Diana, there literally is no others like these three greats to keep that balancing act in tact. With the murder of Princess Diana, came the murder of the scales of right and wrong.

It is beyond reasoning how just ONE person can hold a global balancing act such as that, but it seemed that was the case.

Humans live by following icons. And more often than not, it is the icon with presumably the most UNcorrupted of human traits that most civilized humans choose to emulate.

But since there is no such icon, since Princess Diana's wrongful passing, her life was cut off before the next great peace maker could step forward. And because of that reason alone, the balance has tilted very heavily onto the "wrong" side.

That's my theory anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 MisterTinkles, May 2, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  2. Jellal

I don't think the world has ever been balanced in terms of right or wrong. There's lots of right and lots of wrong which is never even touched by the media, and I can't say which is more prevalent at the end of the day. If I'm to speak on account of the entire world, I think it's safer and less presumptuous to say that there has always been more wrong in the world than right.

3. HugasaurusRex

It there is no wrong how can we know what is right?

4. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Frankly such a theory seems rather unfounded in reality. Our past hundred or so years has hardly been some peaceful run in the park. We've had numerous revolutions, wars and other human disasters. If anything the lack of large scale conflict between major powers is because of the advent of nuclear weapons, not the internet allowing people to read Gandhi's Wikipedia page. With all the big boys having the capability to turn the earth into a nuclear snowball, direct conflict between superpowers has become muted. Nothing to do with Princess Diana or Mother Theresa being alive.

This is all for naught anyhow as I would have to agree with Jellal that the world has never been "in balance". Right and wrong is an abstract human creation, not some fundamental force of the universe. As such there is no absolute measure of it, the balance of right and wrong in the world would vary greatly depending on who you ask. For example your view that things are so much worse now than they were in the past is likely because present problems are more prominent in your memory. These era's of "balance" you seem to believe in really weren't all that great themselves. The massacres in Cambodia under Pol Pot claimed the lives of far more than say ISIS for example. We had the Korean War in the 50's, Conflict in Vietnam that lasted well into the 70's and The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan which claimed in excess of a million lives, far worse than the present Ukrainian debacle. That is just to name a very select few of the large scale human disasters that occurred while your "peacemakers" were alive. I would hardly say that the past twenty years have been anything exceptionally bad when compared to the sixty years that preceded them. As the old saying goes "The more things change, the more they stay the same".