1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badly need an advice..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tulipinacup, Mar 3, 2019.

1. tulipinacup

So my bf's exam for his medical boards is happening today and next weekend and I promised to visit him which is 4 hours away from our place and that means I have to leave work.i work at a café with my sister and a friend of ours. But the thing is I am not out yet to them and it's hard to give reasons why I cannot go to work that time ( I'll be gone for 3 days). I gave a vague reason to my sister but she's pissed at me because she thought I'll be gone for a day not longer than that. I hate that she's already guilt tripping me about it but I have already promised my bf to see him for moral support. Thank you!
    (I've been pretty active here years ago, so hi !)

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Normally at work I'd say you don't owe them an explanation for what you do in your free time, but given that you work with your sister, it's going to come off a bit weird if you refuse to tell anyone where you're going for a few days. Why not tell her that you're going to visit a friend that lives far away?