1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad first date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tommycee, Jun 29, 2020.

1. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I went on a first date with a guy today and it wasn’t terrible but it definitely didn’t go that great. There was some awkward moments where I wasn’t sure what to say and I feel like it was probably a disappointment for both of us. I’ve spent the rest of the day overthinking and feeling really bad about it. The guy has barely texted me since then and I feel like I fucked it all up. He seems like a decent guy so I don’t wanna give up after one mediocre date but I don’t wanna be pushy or seem desperate to him. What’s the best way of going about this?

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What was the cause of the awkward moments? Is it possible that you just don’t have too much in common?

It might be tricky at the moment, but it you want to see him again, I would suggest a date that involves doing an activity, e.g mini golf, an animal park or whatever interests you. The activity itself will give you something to talk about.

3. tommycee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Update: he pretty much ghosted me. I tried to talk to him after the date but his responses were dry and he left me on read over a day ago. I give up. I was already reluctant to try to get back into the dating scene so this kind of reinforced the idea of not dating.

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might just be that you weren’t suited. Try to use the date as a learning opportunity and think about what you might do differently another time.