1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in closet, goodbye

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ruby Dragon, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh my gooooood I'm so happy that you're staying!

Live without regrets. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2016 at 09:52 AM ----------

Yes. Some promises have to be broken - promises such as yours where you promise something because you have to. I know it's easy for me to say because I'm lucky enough to have an immediate family that accepts me, but I think that if they really love you, which I'm sure they do, they have to put your happiness on equal level with, if not higher than, theirs. You deserve to be happy just as much as they do.

2. SkyWinter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to be harsh here, but I think it's important.

Your parents are overly controlling of you, and are being manipulative of your emotions for their own gain. When you talk about your great relationship with them I have to question that. I question how they actually feel about you.

Don't confuse that part of your brain telling you "I have to do what they say to survive because I'm a helpless kid and they are my parents" with that part of your brain mature enough to recognize toxic people who would supplant your life with their own.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for this. Thing is, I'm still living under their roof, and cannot move out due to financial issues, but you're right - It's MY LIFE and I have to do what makes ME happy :grin:

I'm also glad I'm staying (!)

Thanks for the support you've also given me. I still don't see the big fucking issue. Just when I think they're supportive and accepting, they go back to their homophobic beliefs and if they had a Bible in their hand, they'd probably hit me over the head with it. Ok, maybe not go THAT far, but they somehow saw pictures of how people dress at Pride and my mom's words were, "Tell me, did you see God there? Could you see His presence there? Those people (talking about the cross-dressers) dress provocatively and it goes against everything we believe in."

Then my dad chimed in: "We also don't get why there has to be a special event for those people. They fight to be equal, so why do they then need to have an event especially for them, because by doing that, they isolate themselves and prove to us that it's something unnatural." (I mean WTAF??? She's talking about the whole LGBT community btw)

I'm sorry but I don't see how what you've said is harsh :grin: You're simply stating the truth and speaking your mind. I don't see it as harsh (*hug*) I also think they are being control freaks. My mom once told me that she knows they are extra hard on me, but they feel it's necessary, since I am so unstable mentally (I'm bipolar) etc, etc...:rolle:

I hate that they baby me like that. I've told them on more than one occasion that I want them to treat me as an adult. I'm 28 years old, not 12. I make my own decisions and live my life the way I want. I don't need a chauffeur for my life.

But the behaviour hasn't stopped. If anything, it became worse :eusa_doh: I know that the best thing I can do for myself is to move out. But as mentioned earlier, I cannot afford to move out on my own. So I have to grit my teeth and just tolerate it :dry:

Oh, and as a side-note: My mom said that I cannot serve God and mammon at the same time. Who fucking said I was serving mammon?????? Just because THEY are conservative, homophobic and closed-minded, doesn't mean I'm some Satanist or something. It really ticks me off. My relationship with God is great. I don't sleep at night unless I've prayed. Sure, I don't attend church services that often, but that's not what it's about. I know that God watches over me, I know that He is with me wherever I go, and I know that He doesn't make mistakes. So what if my bipolarity causes me to THINK I'm bisexual? What's it to them anyway? I don't give a fuck anymore. I'm so sick of this shit. Really!!!!

The thing I'm scared of is, my sister explicitly told me that if I choose "that" lifestyle, she is not my sister anymore. That kinda scared me, because we're quite close, and it really hurt me that she refuses to accept me the way I am. And that's part of the reason why I decided not to pursue same-sex attractions. It's better that way. I'm not prepared to lose my sister over this. I love her too much. And my sister and brother-in-law and my niece also lives with my parents and me, so it will really sting if we see each other but she ignores me. Nothing hurts more than being ignored by someone near and dear to me. So it's a personal choice I've made. Family comes first.

#23 Ruby Dragon, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016