1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back from the doctor

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Shebbs, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Shebbs

I just got back from the doctor. They think I may have Polysystic Ovary Syndrome. They want to do more tests to make sure and stuff. But they're pretty sure.

Does anyone know anyone that has had this, or does anyone have this that could give me more information about it?

2. RaeofLite

3. Shebbs

Thanks, love.

4. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My condolences.

However, I don't know your exercise/diet routines but it would be wise to try and get, if you're not already there, down to a 'normal' weight zone and try to de-stress more often. I seen the list of possible risks...it's huge. Better to nip this in the bud.

I believe in you. (*hug*)

5. KaraBulut

What symptoms were you having that made them think you might have PCOS?

6. Shebbs

Increased hair growth in "strange" places
    No periods
    Lots of acne
    Skin tags

Then there is the heretity shit, like diabetis and high blood pressure and stuff.

To be completely honest, I didn't really pay much attention. Lol.

She asked me about my growth history, and period history. Also when I started wearing a bra, and developing. Stuff like that. To get a general idea of when I should have started my period. Apparently I should have started in grade 6 or 7. I'm now in grade 12.

7. RaeofLite

I hate to say it but I'm almost jealous you don't have your period... :confused: Oh I miss those years of not having it.

But on a more serious note, I hope the results are positive and that you're alright. (*hug*)

8. KaraBulut

Those are very typical signs of PCOS.

PCOS is a hormonal regulation problem- they're not completely sure whether it is the hormones that trigger the problem or whether it's an abnormality with the production of eggs that causes the hormones to get out of whack.

The hormone imbalance causes the eggs produced by the ovaries to not mature properly. The body produces an excess of hormones including male hormone (which all women produce normally but in smaller amounts). The periods get irregular. The woman tends to get facial and arm hair. And there's a lot of water retention. And it also seems to cause a pre-diabetic condition similar to adult onset diabetes (type 2).

Let's see what the results of the tests are.