1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Babies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, May 27, 2014.

?

What's your take on babies?

1. I do not like babies, and do not want any.

41 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. I am indifferent to babies.

13 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. I love and adore babies, and plan to have one/some.

35 vote(s)
    30.7%
  4. They're alright, but not for me to have.

25 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My vote is for terminal disease.

2. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The opposite is also true. I know plenty of CF ladies who have a hard time finding guys who don't have baby rabies. It's also more common for men to "change their mind" about having children. I think a lot say they are CF in order to have the relationship at first, then the truth comes out.

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm indifferent to babies. If I have one someday, good. If not, good too. I don't know what the future holds, or if I'm even able to have kids. Yet it would bother me a little bit that my parents wouldn't have another grandchild to love. So I'd kinda feel guilty if I didn't have at least one kid. But right now, at this stage of my life, I'm indifferent to it. I'm enjoying my freedom at the moment

4. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I would love to have children one day. To me it would be better once they're not babies and I can sleep a bit, but they're cute when they're babies at least.

Yeah though, being gay might get in the way of that.

5. Gen

Gen

Honestly, my stance on children is about the same as my stance on pets. I would love mine unconditionally. Other people's on the other hand can be cute, but I prefer they stay at a distance. Though this never works out for me, because literally every child on this planet happens to love me. It would probably be easier for me to count the amount of little ones who didn't attempt to randomly follow me or play a game with me public. I don't know why; I'm a terrible person.

6. RocketMoose27

I do not like babies AT ALL since my nephew happened two years ago, like, I used to think babies were the cutest things ever(pre-nephew), but now they're like the worst monsters ever!
    Ugh I can't believe I was one at one point! :bang:

I speak from experience... PLEASE take into consideration that a baby WILL poop on you at one point or another if you're watching it :eusa_doh:

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if I ended up with a woman, I'd be really reticent to go about having children.... would definitely prefer to adopt around the 4-5 year old age, if at all.

I'm just not great with babies at all. And I get no enjoyment from being around them. Just, no...

This is actually becoming much less common, of late. Still a minority, sure, but I wonder how that might change in the next few decades.

#67 Browncoat, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  8. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love them, they're so cute. :grin:
    But I'm not planning to get any of them, lol

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest a lot of other peoples kids annoy me. Especially if I'm out in a restaurant or shopping and the parents are letting their kid scream it's head off!

Eventually I would like to have 1-3 kids.

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had kids a lady at church would get upset

11. Cass

I LOVE babies and I want like three
    Not all at once though
    That'd be nightmare

12. littlemonster11

I adore babies. I can certainly look past the pooping diapers and all the crying. I can see myself having biological children as well as adopting. Honestly, whatever happens is great to me. I just don't want babies anytime soon. I'm nowhere near ready.

13. IJustWantToLove

I love kids. I love my little cousins, my friends' kids and I absolutely adore my cute goddaughter.

I think it's so fascinating to see them grow up. All their seemingly teeny-weeny accomplishments like figuring out how to use a new toy or learning a new skill or something, which really are like massive steps for them growing up. It's really impressive how much new stuff they learn in such a short amount of time. And to me it's just adorable to see how a kid tries to say your name for the first time or reaches for your hand to take their first steps or things like that. Or the moment when you realize that this kid tries to copy your actions and tries new things because you do them and tries to act all grown up out of admiration for you, that's just a cool thing to happen. Like my mum takes care for a three-year old during the day and when I was home for vacation, the little guy wanted to help me cook every single day. It didn't matter what he was doing, as soon as I said I was going to start making dinner in the kitchen, he dropped everything, put on his little apron and helped me with the cooking. It was just too cute.
    It's so cool to see that toddlers don't care for anything but you as a person. They don't care what you look like or do for a living or anything like that. All they care for is how you tread them and everything else doesn't matter and it's kinda sad that most kids grow out of this unjudgemental phase.

So basically, yeah, I want kids someday.
    I can't imagine having a baby right now, because I wouldn't be able to offer that kid anything, but later on in my life, when I'm in a loving relationship and have a stable income I would love to start a family.

14. tscott

I love kids, but babies not so much. I've three children; 20, 17, 10. Although they have my unconditional love, I really disliked infancy. I was so happy the day they were potty trained and could talk...and let's not forget sleep through the night.

Babies are like cute, little vampires that suck the life out of you.

15. Sophie986

Sophie986 Guest

Im alright with them but I really hate it when they cry for nothing or annoy me so I personally don't want any. I'd rather have a cute cat [​IMG]

16. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on the kid. I adore my god-daughter, she is pretty much the little sister I never had. But apart from her, I am really nervy around kids. I like them, but I am always terrified of being around them apart from the ones that I know well and babysit for often.

As for having my own, I know that I do want to be a parent, but someday. Definitely not anytime soon.

17. Monika the Diva

I dont mind them at all. My clock is ticking, I wish I could get pregnant and have one but thats impossible, that will never happen :/

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What I'll never understand is how they're viewed as cute. Never once have I thought that.

Kinda akin to a gay man being unable to understand boobs, or something...

19. thesharkamander

I really don't like human infants or children much. I think I'll just stick with some cats and a pig or dog or something.